Wind Shields

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
I might be interested in replacing my stock shield. I'm not 100% sure what I want. I know there have been a lot of threads on here about wind shields but I not sure I have seen one like this. If there is one point me to it please. Otherwise Post up a pic of your aftermarket wind shield with a description of it. Things you like/dislike about it. A thread like this will certainly help me and hopefully anyone else that may be in the market for a new wind shield.

Richard.

There is a pile of threads dealing with this topic. I counted 6 in a short scan of the front page in this forum alone. Concensus is that it is very subjective. You maybe lucky because it isn't Friday. :)

Go to Google search and paste this - windshield site:fjrforum.com -

More post here than a barrel of monkeys. I have a Cee Bailey 4+4 reverse flip. No buffeting, and tolerable back pressure. For warmer weather a 2+2 reverse flip would be fine. Cal Science seems to be popular too. Stock wind screens suck.

Yes, there are many, many threads on this subject. Should not be too hard to find them.

Since every person is different and even changing helmets can change how the windshield affects you, there is no magic bullet. Here is a shot of Dad's Cee Bailey +2 width from the seat. It completely did away with the roaring noise we originally got with the stock shield.

IMG_5614.jpg
">

Here it is from the front, not a close up.

IMG_2390.jpg
">