Windscreen Blacked Out

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently have my lower windscreen 'blacked out' using tape to cut down on light reflection from the headlights and Solteks. Once I get the right height determined, I'll be painting too!
Z54-UhOh-1.jpg
Probably helps with variegated color reflections coming from the rear too? :rolleyes:
What is this word? variegated

Oh, the tape was useless..

That looks extremely sharp! My question is, how durable is the paint on that type plastic?
Thanks for all the compliments guys! :yahoo:

It is very durable plus it helps that I paint the inside of the screen. I have seen people attempt to paint the outside of their screen but rocks chip away at the paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks extremely sharp! My question is, how durable is the paint on that type plastic?

It is very durable plus it helps that I paint the inside of the screen. I have seen people attempt to paint the outside of their screen but ricks chip away at the paint.
who is this ricks guy that would chip away paint???? :p

It is very durable plus it helps that I paint the inside of the screen. I have seen people attempt to paint the outside of their screen but ricks chip away at the paint.
who is this ricks guy that would chip away paint???? :p
Yeah, I'd have called him when I had to scrape my siding before repainting my house...

Chris

Warchild, are your "Yamaha FJR" decals also on the inside of the screen under the paint? Or did you paint the screen, then put the decals on the outside of the screen?

Most Excellent!!! :yahoo:
I may do that with a cut-down stock screen. Won't look as good as it does on your Raven though. Maybe I can find a color matched blue paint to do mine in...
Thanks.....I'd like to find a shorter screen too.

A shorter screen is as easy to find as your saber saw. ;)
I have a stock windshield in good shape that could be cut down if anybody is interested...cheap. PM me.

Joe