windscreen led

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v65

ouch
Reaction score
Some time ago someone posted a farkle where they put a light in their windscreen which lit up the outside edge. Anybody else seen this? Problem is I think it was a long time ago, and I am not even sure which board it was on. Tried searching here, google, etc and no joy.

I tried searching through the old posts a bit and didn't find anything pertinent with windshield and edge as search terms. I think I remember it too, but without a unique search term to that post I'm stuck.

Don't know the answer to your question but I have one of my own. Wouldn't an led not only light up the edge but also highlight any scratches as well?

Don't recall that mod.. but would love to see it if someone stumbles across it...

Seems like I recall a member on Sleazyboard had this mod! I think he had CBX something in his name...Don't know if it's HONDACBX6 on this forum. Hope this helps some

That would be John. He installed some led's that lite it up like a cheap hooker. Which is OK if you like that sort of thing. I'm not sure if he's on this board. If so I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

Yep I saw it too, looked good to me, think he put them in some unused holes in the windshield if I am not mistaken.

might help preven a t bone at night

other lights were on as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to remember a picture in the dark where the edge of the screen was lit up, noticeable but not obnoxious IMHO. Good question about the scratches.

just wondering - is it legal to light up the front screen on a motorcycle?
Kinda like a light on a car windshield?
Humm, don't know. Probably finding the original post would answer a lot of questions :D

After you are done with that you can put the neon lights underneath the scoot too......

That would be me! Yes I do have one of my shields lit up.

I am on this board but time and the job keeps me away. Too much to do and too little time to BS. Besides... I just completed a 8 day 3,947 mile trip to CO!

I can send a picture or two if interested... I think??

I mounted super bright blue LEDs inside the holes in the windshield pointing in a cross pattern across the screen. It for the most part lights only the edges. It does light up deep scratches but after a while who's screen isn't scratched? I only use them as conversation fodder in the parking lots. I don't think it leagal in a blue color where I live. It all depends on the laws in your area.

The hardest part was feeding very small black wire pairs up to the screen. Keeping them out of the way of the mechanicals of the screen movement. I mounted a small toggle switch in the "D" panel facing the forktubes.

I have to stop typing now.... My fingers are starting to hurt! :eek: )

John

Pics would be awesome, if you send me some in an e-mail I will try to post them here.

I am on this board but time and the job keeps me away. Too much to do and too little time to BS. Besides... I just completed a 8 day 3,947 mile trip to CO!
I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous,...

After you are done with that you can put the neon lights underneath the scoot too......
How's the Harley? :p

Hey,

lighting the edge of the windshield would be great if it was tied in with the radar detector. If the detector went off the edge would flash, it would get my attention.

Bill