Windscreens

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcop

Reaction score
In my never ending desire to spend money on my FJR (Management's words!), I have been reading about the VStream. While I do not have any serious buffeting issues,"management" grumbles when we ride two up.

Anyone wish to comments about their experiences withe VStream? Is it larger, smaller or the same size as OEM?

Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved mine. It is larger than stock, but not so big that it looks gawdy. Wind management was great. Not sure about passengers though, i never rode two up. I'd buy another one without a second thought.

I have a V-Stream and still get buffeting. When it is fully extended it is almost long enough but not quite. I am 6' with a 30'' inseam so my torso is longer than normal. Combine that with the airhawk I just adde and I have accepted that the VSteam just isn't going to be enough for me. I have an +8 inch Rifle on order! :yahoo:

I'm 5 ft 8 in and the mid sized Cali Sci solved my buffeting problems. Just came back from a 500 mile ride. Didn't use ear plugs and face shield stayed up for the entire ride.

Bill

I have a V-Stream and still get buffeting. When it is fully extended it is almost long enough but not quite. I am 6' with a 30'' inseam so my torso is longer than normal. Combine that with the airhawk I just adde and I have accepted that the VSteam just isn't going to be enough for me. I have an +8 inch Rifle on order! :yahoo:
Wow, that's a tall windscreen you ordered!! I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and have a +5" rifle, which I love!! Better to get it too tall, than too short, you can always trim some off, but it's difficult to add to them!!

Thanks folks.... Looking at the calsci tint with a grin that will tick off "management"! :assassin:

Last edited by a moderator: