Windshield Recommendations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alvisdl

Reaction score
Cleaning bike yesterday evening and sprayed bug and tar remover to help get rid of the evidence from my trip to Chicago. As I applied the mit, the coating began to peel from my stoch shield. Should I expect to see a deterioration of any sort? If so, I will probably look to replace it. I am satisfied with the height of the stock shield, but would like to know your thoughts on the V-Stream and C-Bailey shields.

Thanks

Cleaning bike yesterday evening and sprayed bug and tar remover to help get rid of the evidence from my trip to Chicago. As I applied the mit, the coating began to peel from my stoch shield. Should I expect to see a deterioration of any sort? If so, I will probably look to replace it. I am satisfied with the height of the stock shield, but would like to know your thoughts on the V-Stream and C-Bailey shields.

Thanks
Just to let you know (in the kindest and most respectful way possible), there are a few topics on this forum that have been discussed so often that it's obvious that Yamaha didn't get it right. Someone here mentioned google'ing something like this "fjr best windshield forum:fjrforum.com" -- I got over 9,000 results. You can spend days reading all of the opinions -- there are some pretty great posts with pictures comparing the big sellers. Good luck.

Dennis

I'd suggest using a towel soaked in very warm water to disolve bugs rather than using chemicals. After pulling the wet towel out of the sink, drape it over the shield and let it soften the bugs for a while. They'll just wipe off with no scrubbing or scratching. I've also found that products like Plexus or Honda polish applied to a clean shield work great to stop the bugs/dirt from sticking too hard.

Very good. Thanks Dennis!

Thanks
Just to let you know (in the kindest and most respectful way possible), there are a few topics on this forum that have been discussed so often that it's obvious that Yamaha didn't get it right. Someone here mentioned google'ing something like this "fjr best windshield forum:fjrforum.com" -- I got over 9,000 results. You can spend days reading all of the opinions -- there are some pretty great posts with pictures comparing the big sellers. Good luck.

Dennis
Forgot about Rifle. Will check. Thanks!

Go rifle or go home :p