Windshield Track

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heaston

Reaction score
Hey everyobody, fairly new here and have a question. My windshield vibrates when I extend and retrac the windshield, I saw something on here not to long ago with someone else that had the same problem but I cant find it, any idea's on what lube to use to fix this? thanks for any help you can provide.

Hank

Last edited by a moderator:
I used our friends at Google and typed in: windshield lube site:fjrforum.com

That helped me find the following answer:

(rushes @ Mar 27 2008, 03:36 PM) *I just looked in the service manual and it looks like there's a couple slide tracks that may need a little more lube. It recommends Lithium-soap-based grease... What ever that is.
Those tracks are aluminum channel with nylon blocks running inside. White Lithium Grease works well. Personally I use a spray Teflon lube or silicon spray so there is less chance of dirt or contaminant buildup.

And you ought to lube the screw, too.
thought I would post an update, I lubed the track as suggested after removing the dash and some fairing to get to the parts, I used spray silicon first after cleaning the metal tracks, no change, so i cleaned them again and used lithium grease, again no change, since this bike is still new I decided to take it in to Roseville Yamaha where I got it and let them deal with it, so Zac called me today and let me know that Yamaha is sending him a whole new set up, new track, guides and so on, he tried adjusting the tracks, cleaning and lubing and he had no luck as well. Should get her back by next Tuesday.

I just talked with Zac yesterday, to give him a report on how much better my bike runs after he did the "tick fix". He's the absolute best, in my book.

I just talked with Zac yesterday, to give him a report on how much better my bike runs after he did the "tick fix". He's the absolute best, in my book.

Couldnt agree with you more madmike, poor guy was crazy busy yesterday afternoon and he still took the time to spend with me to go over my bike, I really appreciate people that understand good customer service, thats what keeps guys like you and I going back..

The wifes vibrator was doin' the same thing! I hit it with a lil' lube an' all is good.

Senseless posting, 'ta add to yer count, will most likely getchsa dog piled

:jester:

Dik Klub president.