Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As somebody already mentioned, the laminar lip and the stock windshield works amazingly well.
Biggest concern with the Laminar lip is that I would have to "deface" my stock screen to mount it. (correct?) It looks like you bond it to the screen. I like riding the FJR on hot days with the wind in my face. (helmet cooler!)

As somebody already mentioned, the laminar lip and the stock windshield works amazingly well.
Biggest concern with the Laminar lip is that I would have to "deface" my stock screen to mount it. (correct?) It looks like you bond it to the screen. I like riding the FJR on hot days with the wind in my face. (helmet cooler!)
The laminar lip attaches with 3M Dual Lock coins, not screws. You can remove it any time. I think it works better with a larger windshield. I use it with a Cee Bailey, +4 and my riding partner uses it with a medium Cal Sci.

DSC_4456a.jpg

Nice! I rode Hwy 410 today around Mt. Rainer. I am also looking for Windshield Nirvana and have seen sooo many options. Washington rain is something I would like to protect against. (just ordered some gerbings for the cool temps coming our way) Probably going with the Cali Sci mid sized screen due to the excellent review written by Shutter Pilot. Also having wrist pain on all day trips. Need the bar extender from Germany.!

Sounds like we all need to meet someday in Enumclaw and drive up to Whiskey Jacks for lunch. ;)
Hi JohnnyB ! My offer stands for anyone local that wants to try out any of my shields. Just send me a PM so we can schedule a time to meet. Beats spending lots of $$$ on shields, only to find they don't work for you. If nothing else, you can decide that the 2 styles I have aren't for you and you can cross those off the possibilities list.

You might give some thought to having two, I run the Yamaha factory tour most of the year and put my large rifle on in the winter months.

The stock shield is great for hot days. I plan to ride as long as there isn't ice on the roads. Having a winter shield for the rain is my real goal. really excited to try one of Haralds. I'll have to show him my audio setup. I bought the Uclear HBC200 and the sound is amazing. (mic built into the earpieces so you don't have to run a boom)