winter apparel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am loyal to the fit first and everything else second. I bought the First Gear Kilamanjaro jacket and I bought the Fieldsheer pants. I ride in the pouring rain and never even bother to put on my rain gear with that combo. The jacket is a 100% waterproof 330 Denier Hypertex jacket and the pants also are waterproof but the truth is I was bought them because the fit me perfectly and the other did not and could not. If you wear the Gerbring heated jacket and glove liners you could ride all the way down to 0 as long as there is not ice on the road. I have been very happy with that combo.

i've been using a widder vest and glove combination for the past 3 seasons and the gloves finally gave out. widder, btw, is having a going out of business sale. i'm in the market for a more reliable vest/liner & glove combination. does anybody have any experience with the vest liner and gloves offered by powerlet.com?

i've been using a widder vest and glove combination for the past 3 seasons and the gloves finally gave out. widder, btw, is having a going out of business sale. i'm in the market for a more reliable vest/liner & glove combination. does anybody have any experience with the vest liner and gloves offered by powerlet.com?
I spoke with Adam this last week who is one of the owners. He said their products have a lifetime warranty and seemed very helpful. He also suggested his product was just like the Synergy line. I got a 20% off coupon this week and wanted to learn a little more. In the end I am going with Gerbring and they will custom fit the gear for me for no extra cost.

I have had a tremendous amount of good luck with my Tourmaster Caliber pants and a JR Meteor 4.0 jacket. Both have served me well even when it was 2 degrees outside. Add a vstream windscreen and I dont even need my baclava anymore.

Gloves- Giordona Goretex function great to about 35 degrees. Below that I either use my Ozford Muffs over the bar or the Gerbings G3 gloves which really offer a lot of flexibility with your fingers.

Only complaint on the Tourmasters has been that they are not 100% waterproof as advertised. In fact they leak a lot in the crotch area. To their credit, Tourmaster offered to replace them but I just never found the time to return them and I usually wear a rain suit over them anyway.