Winter disaster!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!!
Reaction score
In one of the ride report threads about braving the elements, I've been a bit of a troll and bragged about how nice it was down here. Repeatedly.

Went out to the bike this morning for my ride to work, and this is what I saw in the driveway. (Cell phone camera SUX, by the way!)

frost.jpg

Some mysterious slushy wet-ish stuff all over the horizontal surfaces of the cars.

It was horrible! Traumatic, even! I had to put the liners in my Cortech!

But I still got to ride to work! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had some of that stuff on my truck this morning as well. Let me know if you figure out what it was.

In one of the ride report threads about braving the elements, I've been a bit of a troll and bragged about how nice it was down here. Repeatedly.
Whatta disaster. I opened my living room curtains and saw this:

IMG_5623sm.jpg

Right away I knew that it would be a fine riding day (on a snowmobile).

I too reside in FL and have been riding 3 or more times a week on the FJR or the ZX14. But I do enjoy the winter scenes with the snow since I am by birth a Northern boy. :rolleyes:

Some mysterious slushy wet-ish stuff all over the horizontal surfaces of the cars.
We had that stuff here in Louisiana, too. It's usually gone by 9 am, tho.

It's a great reason to be late for work. "Uh, boss, it's too slippery to ride in that stuff. Gonna have to wait until it thaws."

Me I'm of for a ride with the lads south of Sydney in a few hours. Anyone care to join us.

Expected conditions are

Sunny through out the day with possible early evening showers.

Temp 28degC (a nice cool Summers day)

It will be a nice round trip of about 320Km.

South of Sydney throught the Royal National Park, into Woolongong, down to Albion Park then up the valley to Robinson (nice a twisty, good road surface)

A stop at the Robinson pie shop.

Down Kangaroo Valley, nice and twisty again.

Back up the coast taking the old road from Bulli Pass back to Sydney..

Again.

Anyone care to join us????

Me I'm of for a ride with the lads south of Sydney in a few hours. Anyone care to join us...South of Sydney throught the Royal National Park, into Woolongong, down to Albion Park then up the valley to Robinson (nice a twisty, good road surface) A stop at the Robinson pie shop.Down Kangaroo Valley, nice and twisty again.Back up the coast taking the old road from Bulli Pass back to Sydney....Again.Anyone care to join us????
Love to join ya! I'm waiting for the ride supplied plane tickets. Do you recommend I send my FJR as luggage or should I bring it as carry-on? ;) :lol:

Right now you guys are the Boys of Summer, enjoy your ride! I'm going back to tuning my snow blower...

Yeah, you may get to ride year round comfortably, but I sleep better at night knowing your roads look like this:
rt_arizona_desert_highway.jpg
Watt-chu-talkin-bout? That's one of my favorite roads! Looks like either NV Hwy-50 or the E.T. highway. Besides, where else can you see Mormon Crickets? CLICKY then scroll about halfway down the page.

Last edited by a moderator: