Winter disaster!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me I'm of for a ride with the lads south of Sydney in a few hours. Anyone care to join us...South of Sydney throught the Royal National Park, into Woolongong, down to Albion Park then up the valley to Robinson (nice a twisty, good road surface) A stop at the Robinson pie shop.Down Kangaroo Valley, nice and twisty again.Back up the coast taking the old road from Bulli Pass back to Sydney....Again.Anyone care to join us????
Love to join ya! I'm waiting for the ride supplied plane tickets. Do you recommend I send my FJR as luggage or should I bring it as carry-on? ;) :lol:

Right now you guys are the Boys of Summer, enjoy your ride! I'm going back to tuning my snow blower...

So what kinda oil you use in that blower, Ion? :rolleyes:

<Hijack>

So what kinda oil you use in that blower, Ion?
After that last snow storm which got topped with 2" of freezing rain I'm adding a 15 PSI supercharger and a 20 GPM water pump. I'm also in the process of Teflon lining the chute.

</Hijack>

<Hijack>

So what kinda oil you use in that blower, Ion?
After that last snow storm which got topped with 2" of freezing rain I'm adding a 15 PSI supercharger and a 20 GPM water pump. I'm also in the process of Teflon lining the chute.

</Hijack>

Man, you are right there. That last storm sucked badly. Luckily (?) I had to be out and about very early Weds. morning so I was up blowing snow at 5AM before the rain got a chance to glop things up. Otherwise, my little 9Hp blower would have definitely choked and died on it.

But that teflon lining on the chute has some merit. I've got some Dupont Teflon Spray Lube that I bought to put on the VFR chain. I'll have to try spraying that crap all over the insides and see if it helps.

BTW - Is it even possible to hijack and OT thread? If so, I'm thinking we have done it. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
and roads like this aren't too far from me:
istockphoto_3203704_winding_mountain_road.jpg
Pfft! Turning is overrated. It just wears the rubber off the sides of tires. And who'd want that?

What's the best way to warm up that bike ionbeam? Which kind of oil, etc? :D
Fill with 4.8 gallons of LN2, allowing some boil-off space. Lube with 90W sulfurless Molasses. The electrical system is connected in reverse so that the ice plugs pull heat out of the combustion chamber. Allow 15-30 seconds for the endothermic reaction to stabilize before gently pulling away. Avoid using full throttle for the first 2 minutes. At this point you may turn on the refrigerated grips and ride normally.

I've noticed alot of Aussies on this board. Do they get a kangaroo next to their crash club symbol like we get one for hitting a deer in the signature line? send the bike as luggage, take off the bags for your carry on, problem solved.

I've noticed alot of Aussies on this board. Do they get a kangaroo next to their crash club symbol like we get one for hitting a deer in the signature line? send the bike as luggage, take off the bags for your carry on, problem solved.
Thanks for the travel advice! I'm ready to go, bags off, waiting for the plane ticket... :)

RooSm2.gif

If any of you Down Under guys want this icon I'll pass it along and you can host it from one of your picture sites. (I hope none of you ever need this icon!)