Winter Glove Recommendation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leclairk

Reaction score
I did a google search but most of what turned up was 2 years old and linky no good. I'm looking for a pair of winter gloves. What I want:

1) Hard nuckle armour (armour on palm and/or wrists would be a plus)

2) Warm

3) Not so thick that I can't feel the controls

4) Near $150 (I can't do $200 plus)

I know heated gloves are the best for keeping warm but that's not what I want. I already have heated grips. Any suggestions?

www.motorcyclegear.com

Best website I've ever seen with reviews and GREAT customer service! Deals on closeouts to be had as well!

Heated grips don't do your fingers so much good when its really cold out.

You may want to get the gloves just a bit large in case you want heated liners later.

I recently bought a pair of Sliders Cold Pro from Competition Accessories (compacc.com) and have been very happy with them. Sub $50.00 so they fit your budget. They have another couple of gloves with longer cuffs in fabric or leather, armored knuckles, waterpoof and warm. Bulkiness is hard to quantify. The Cold Pro feels bulky when you put them on but don't interfere with the controls. I was hesitant because of the price but they have proven to be warm enough down to about 35F, my personal limit, for me. I've been caught in a couple of heavy rain showers and experienced no leaks or wetness at all. Worth taking a shot at, good return policy.

I also have a pair of Corteck Scarab Winter gloves. Waterproof but not nearly as warm as the Sliders. My finger tips get cold when the temp is down around 45F. I was disappointed in them as a winter glove. More of a Fall/late Fall glove for me even with silk glove liners.

Went with the Scarabs from the website El Toro recommended. Considering my current gloves are a 40g thinsulate I think an increase to 100g will be just about right. Thanks for the tips guys.

I can't say enough good things about my FirstGear Glacier gloves. Made specifically for heated grips. Good insulation on the top of glove. Minimal on the palm side. Accomplishes 2 things. First, you don't feel like you're holding onto a pillow. Gives you really good "feel". 2nd, you actually feel the heat better. I finally realized that the reason I seemed to need to turn the heat all the way up with other winter gloves wasn't because it was so much colder. It was because all the insulation kept the heat from reaching my skin. In 40 years of riding, these are the best winter gloves I've ever owned. They also fit really well. I have long fingers and often have a problem with the "web" between my thumb and index finger being constricted. These have plenty of room. See this WebBike review, https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-gloves/firstgear-glacier/