Wire or no wire, thats the question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocDanDC

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if a '05FJR has a jumper wire already in the ECU? Or, is it not wired in, like the '04 and needs a wire to be purchased or home made. Thanks to All. :)

Could anyone tell me if a '05FJR has a jumper wire already in the ECU? Or, is it not wired in, like the '04 and needs a wire to be purchased or home made. Thanks to All. :)
DocDanDC, I think you have to use a jumper - just like the 04. When I helped BigDolma with his 04, we ended up using a piece of solder - made it long enough to slightly protude from both 25 and 29 - then plugged it in. Once the mods were done, it was simple to remove. If you want to install one permanently, I would use the directions on the FJRInfo Jumper web page.

I've also used a paperclip as the jumper - not very elegant, but does the trick.

The Barbarian Jumper Mod doc is a bit misleading for us 05 owners. You don't have to move any wires, just remove the two plastic plugs and provide a jumper from 25 to 29. I used a piece of small, 30 guage teflon coated wire. But any old vinyl coated wire can be used as a permanent jumper. If it's not solid wire, you can tin stranded wire with solder to keep it stiff and together. You will be amazed at just how deep the jumper has to go to make contact.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what this will change on my bike if I do that mod. and adjust my CO sttings ? :blink:

Yep, you'll have to make your own jumper wire. push out two pins connect and then do change the settings