Wireless intercom

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
Purchased a Cardo Scala Rider Teamset wireless/bluetooth intercom for Christmas. Had the opportunity to take a ride yesterday to check it out. I am really impressed with it! Communication with the SO was easy and clear. I also used the bluetooth function and was pleasantly surprised at how easy and clear that was as well. Teamset Bought mine off fleabay brand new for less than half of what they list for with Cardo. The only thing left to test is battery life.

...The only thing left to test is battery life.
You should be pleased. Even in the intercom mode (vs VOX) we have gone 14-16 hour days without running out of battery. The audio from the built-in FM radio is poor but when I couple the FM transmitter in my Garmin 2730 to the Q2 the MP3 sound is *much* better.

After two years and all kinds of weather sometimes one Q2 will have lower audio volume. We found that it is a contact issue between the gold fingers on the Q2 and the contacts on the helmet mount. A little wipe or a little wiggling and all returns to normal. At some point I may have Cardo take a look at it.

I think you'll find battery life is good for all day long, and that the speakers are very poor for music (no bass response). Bluetooth music from a Zumo 550 for example is mono.

My wife and I use the same Teamset. We keep it in the 'Standby' mode, but we talk quite often during the ride. Even at freeway speed the communication is loud & clear, as long as I have the windscreen all the way up. We have yet to drain the batteries even during a two-day ride. With our set, to activate the intercom out of 'standby' mode, I find it easier and quicker to just blow a puff of air into the mic. If I start talking to let the vox activate the intercom, it doesn't always click in and parts of what I'm saying are missed. My wife has always had a difficult time getting hers to initiate the intercom. She's tried different sounds, air pressure, mic positions, and I even have heard her making a loud screetch sound. Usually when I hear her making a racket back there I will activate mine. Do you guys have the same problems?

Recently I installed a Zumo 550 GPS. I was able to pair up the Bluetooth wireless between the GPS & Teamset easily. The audio route instructions from the GPS come through crystal clear and loud. However, mp3 music sound quality is very poor. Music is tinny, scratchy, and lacks bass compared to using earbuds. So we have given up trying to listen to music through the Teamset. Also, while listening to music the intercom function is on continuously. I'm not sure how long the batteries will last doing this.

The manual states that the speakers are mono. If you are looking for music quality then these are not what you want. I pluged in my ipod just to see what it sounded like. N ot impressed. As to activation, I found a sharp "hey" and then I hear it activate and we are talking. My wife found it easy to activate as well. Keep in mind that it auto adjusts for ambient noise, so if you have a "noisy" helmet it may not work as well. I did have the windshield all the way up also, but that was due to the temperature.

Glad to hear that the battery life is that good. Looking forward to the upcoming riding season. In the mean time I will take it when I can get it!

the CAMOS BTS (BlueToothStereo) unit is available through this website (NOTE .au)

Not sure if you guys in the States would find Dale's prices any cheaper. His service is first class.

I will be getting a CAMOS unit soon.

Last edited by a moderator: