Women and one-piece suits

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEM

Reaction score
Are there women here who have one-piece suits ? like the Aerostitch Roadcrafter? I'm wondering how you like it? And while I AM more concerned about protection and comfort than looks, I am curious about how it looks.

the hell with how it looks, how fast can ya get it off to go pee?

I think a bikini at the beach would look more inviting than a 'stitch, just sayin'...

And ya can pee standing up in the water! :assassin:

Or am I in the wrong thread again? :rolleyes:

Barb.....quicker than the riding pants you now use. :unsure: I think. :blink:

Nevermind, none of my business. :dribble:

Seriously, the one piece suits are supposed to be easy on and off.

For your climate one would work fine but they are a tad "warm" for my locale. Those who live near the coast like them but in the valley here, where the summer temps are 96+, they are near unbearable for daily use.

Women and one-piece suits
Mary Ellen, the avenue of this thread is not the back alley (or gutter) my mind first entertained. ;)

:lol: geezuz. You guys are ALL very helpful. Thanks a LOT :jester:

I DID consider that, btw....

ps - all, that is, except MM2 who at least helped a little. I dunno, Mike, seems to me the avenue became the back alley ! ;)

Seriously, the one piece suits are supposed to be easy on and off.
Take it from one who has witnessed the agony of actually getting riding gear out of the way in the real world of sport-touring, where a nice, clean restroom is not always immediately available. I wouldn't want to try and keep all that material in the crooks of a "squat". I actually removed the hip crash pads from Eve's Air Mesh pants, which allowed them to scrunch down well enough to execute a pit stop. YMMV, and Tyler says don't forget to zip 'em back together when you're done....

Last edited by a moderator:
ps - all, that is, except MM2 who at least helped a little. I dunno, Mike, seems to me the avenue became the back alley ! ;)
Welllll.....my mind flashed to the "promised" bikini bike wash at CFR and I was considering Barb and MEM washing bikes and......

[SIZE=8pt]Am I in enough trouble yet?[/SIZE]

Seriously, if your local climate isnt' extremely warm (like mine) they are wonderful. IIRC, one of the selling points is the ease of putting on or taking off the garment. If you read their testimonials you'll read many who have taken a tumble wearing the suit and not been injured.

There's always this: roadcrafter site:fjrforum.com for the thoughts of forum members who wear them.

As I said above, many of the Iron Butt riders wear them and there are many who live along the CA coast who enjoy them. BUT I've heard comments from those riders about riding in the hotter valley where I live. One would think that those who in your Northern latitudes would be happy with this suit.

Now, if you were wondering about the figure flattering side of the equation......... :rolleyes:

I am with Toecutter on this.

Not a chance I'd want to risk having suit parts dragging on the floor of a restroom, anywhere.....period, ever, nuh uh.

Depends if you have the super-secret velcro access flap installed or not!
Umm, Don, I don't think that would help a female type rider. It would make quite a mess without something to stick out the super-secret velcro access hole.

And that doesn't assist with more delicate problems from behind -- nor the feminine squeamishness about clothing touching a floor of our nation's public restrooms.

"access panel"????

ok, I think my mind officially just took a detour into madmike's gutter :wacko:

off to the shower to try and wash out my mind..................ack

Yeah,

The access panel for maintenance.

An electrician would call it the service panel.

In the movie the graduate the word was "plastics", here I believe the word is Spandex. :derisive:

I have a Roadcrafter one piece suit, it takes me about 30 seconds to take it off or to put it on, not being in a hurry, just the normal on/off.

Ron