Wonder Where the FJR is Built?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey whats the chance all these "tickers" that exist were built in the same location? With the vin coding the repair man has given maybe we could pin a post with the vin numbers of tickers, or suspected tickers here. :huh:
:jester:
You know.........maybe you are onto something here.

I bet all the tickers were built in the EXACT SAME LOCATION!!!

Of course, I bet EVERY FJR is built in the exact same location.

So as for:

You know.........maybe you are onto something here.
NOT!!!!! :****:

Hey, great news, I got a new job with the D.E.A. Ride safe, Painman.  ;)
The guy who had the joint in Maui worked for the D.E.A too. He said they don't pay shit, but they can play all the golf they want and never run out of good smoke !

Yep, fringe benefits make the job.....
Schyeah, right. :angry:

Pinocchio!

Maaaan.......I don't know what reality your are living in downn2, but I sure am glad I am not in it.

See, I'm not thinkin where but who?...little Sakimoto....smilin...sittin there on that sack of seeds...always loafin during company mandated calistenics...and like how can such a little dude eat so damn much...yeah...keep yer eye on Sakimoto I say...tickticktick...

Bobby

I was looking through the Yamaha Global Site looking for an idea where the FJR is being built, as an ST1300 owner/friend of mine was wondering if the ST and FJR were built in the same region of Japan.
I was amazed at how big Yamaha really is. The FJR USA market is a drop in the bucket to these guys. Ever wonder why we get limited response? Click the above link and look at the scope of their undertakings. I mean really drill down through the links. 60 factories and countless suppliers and affiliates. And Honda is even bigger than that. Wow. Not an excuse for limited response, perhaps a reason.

Maybe we should be thankful they took the time to do upgrades to the FJR. As important as we all think we are, we're not exactly big potatoes in their global scheme of things.

And I never did figure out where the FJR is made. Any ideas?

For a fact the 660 single is built in Malaysia. Not sure about the 1300 mill

Iwata, Shizuoka Japan.

My Webpage
Nothing specifies the assembly point for motorcycles, or did I miss it?
No; they don't specifically say it nor do they specifically name any of their motorcycles being produced there. On visits to Japan, it is just that I have seen a few FJR's, R1's etc. very near and in the parking lots at Iwata. Of course, saw a couple of Hondas as well, but I don't think they are built at Iwata.

Brief hijack folks :eek:fftopic:

Luv the Yuletide avatar Teerex!
Thanks Gunslinger,

we've got Xmas coming out of our ears on the Eye-talian Forum ;)

Il Foro!

My wife's gone overboard with the tinsel and all...

But this great Forum here could use a tiny bit of Yuletide spirit...
ohohoh.gif

Stef

Why do you think they call it dope? Duh?
:blink:   :blink:   :blink:   :blink:   :blink:   :blink:   :blink:   :blink:   :blink:
They call it dope and generally all of the bad publicity originates from a smear campaign of a particularly powerful media man, who also happened to own the timber using paper mills. He was so scared of the hemp industry that he did all he could to get it illegalized. Most of the "common knowledge" about "dope" today was written by yellow jounralists inspired more by a despotic journalism magnet that also owned paper mills than by truth. Yep, Hearst started a huge, nationwide smear campaign of the entire hemp market because he was worried that hemp paper was lighter, more durable and accepted ink better than his paper products that were generated through his exploitation of the US forests. Well, he had goals and hemp stood in the way.

just an aside...not sure where the FJR was built...I have to go look at my VIN

Last edited by a moderator:
:huh: They even tried to make cloths out of it but that didn't really work either. But who really cares, and if you smoke it who can really remember? One good thing is that you have a VIN to go look at. Mine's not here yet. Interesting though. Painman. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:huh: They even tried to make cloths out of it but that didn't really work either. But who really cares, and if you smoke it who can really remember? One good thing is that you have a VIN to go look at. Mine's not here yet. Interesting though. Painman. <>< :D
If you want to look at the VIN number on my bike, that'd be cool I suppose B)

OVFJR, you're too kind. I think I'll wait until I get mine. And then mayby I could get together with ya and even go for a ride. Megga Diddo's and Merry Christmas and all that stuff. Painman. <>< :ph34r:

Makes dam good rope though!

It's not "Maui Wowie", it's "Bowie Wowie". Remember... "Hey man, this stuff smells like

shit. It is shit man, "The fucking dog ate my stash! Had to follow him around for a week!!

(Cheech and Chong)

Bananas!