Would like to mount a Givi v46 by Monday on an 06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas of the best, quickest, in-stock way to get that done?

Currently I'm looking at a trip and straping watter proof duffle bags on the back which I hate, knowing that there's a perfectly good Givi bag sitting on the other bike.

I'm already at a point to where I'm going to get boned on shipping and need to order what ever it is today or tomorrow and it would have to be right when I get it.

:D

Anyone have any ideas of the best, quickest, in-stock way to get that done?
Currently I'm looking at a trip and straping watter proof duffle bags on the back which I hate, knowing that there's a perfectly good Givi bag sitting on the other bike.

I'm already at a point to where I'm going to get boned on shipping and need to order what ever it is today or tomorrow and it would have to be right when I get it.

:D
Call those guys that Smitty posted on his SWMotek (whatever) mount? Check his post and call that vendor. They said the SW mount wouldn't be ready until fall for the '06. However, I'd bet that they have the GIVI and regular mount plates in stock.

https://twistedthrottle.com/

Call Mike or Gary at University Motors. They might be able to get you a setup fast. Better CALL though...

Last edited by a moderator:
www.RLmotorsports.com also has them in stock w/free shipping on purchases over $300.00. Don't know if it would make it buy Mon unless you had it overnighted. Also Midwest motorcycles in Minneapolis has them in stock.

www.RLmotorsports.com also has them in stock w/free shipping on purchases over $300.00. Don't know if it would make it buy Mon unless you had it overnighted. Also Midwest motorcycles in Minneapolis has them in stock.
That URL is just a bogus search site... Nothing good there. :angry:

renegade said: That URL is just a bogus search site... Nothing good there. :angry:

REALLY? worked when i looked. try that link again and drill down to what you need. and then lighten up dood! :eek:

here's the link: https://twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/137/90

and here's the detail:

Givi Topcase Rack (Yamaha FJR1300, '06-)

This SR-series model-specific adapter plate is designed to add a Givi Monokey case to your existing OEM toprack (model-dependent). All necessary mounting hardware and installation diagram included. $127.80

shu

renegade said: That URL is just a bogus search site... Nothing good there. :angry:

REALLY? worked when i looked. try that link again and drill down to what you need. and then lighten up dood! :eek:

here's the link: https://twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/137/90

and here's the detail:

Givi Topcase Rack (Yamaha FJR1300, '06-)

This SR-series model-specific adapter plate is designed to add a Givi Monokey case to your existing OEM toprack (model-dependent). All necessary mounting hardware and installation diagram included. $127.80

shu

This one: www.RLmotorsports.com is bum, twisted throttle is goodness... I left them a message to see if they have that in stock, it's all good. :yahoo:

This one: www.RLmotorsports.com is bum, twisted throttle is goodness... I left them a message to see if they have that in stock, it's all good. :yahoo:
I ordered an E52 for my '06 from Twisted throttle this afternoon. Yes they do have the racks in stock for the '06. Don't wait for them to call you back, I waited most of the day and called again and got through. They said UPS ground was going to be about $20, don't want to think about how much overnight will be $$$ :huh:

I ordered an E52 for my '06 from Twisted throttle this afternoon. Yes they do have the racks in stock for the '06. Don't wait for them to call you back, I waited most of the day and called again and got through. They said UPS ground was going to be about $20, don't want to think about how much overnight will be $$$ :huh:

Do you know if the Givi, is a rack like prior years or a plate? I really don't want the whole Givi Ugliness. If I can avoid it. :eek:

Do you know if the Givi, is a rack like prior years or a plate? I really don't want the whole Givi Ugliness. If I can avoid it. :eek:
I bought the whole Givi ugliness, because it's specific to the FJR, and I figure, sturdier. It's less ugly in black:

img_0567.jpg

I think the "universal mount" may be just a plate.

Twisted Throttle got my whole order to me in 37 hours from receipt of web order at 2300 hrs.

All you need is the color matched top :) and you're in business.. (It looks nice Ari)

I can see putting on the E41's and the v46 that I have with color matched panels down the road, doing that I'd of course have to go with the whole Givi rack solution. The e41's are well worth it for the convenience I believe. I'll find out next week.

For just adding a top box though, there has to be a sturdy, way that doesn't dork up the look and ruin the back end of the bike when it's not on there.

Does anyone have a good source for Givi products at reduced prices? I seem to remember there were a couple retailers who sold them fairly cheap.

Here is the part number info I got from Givi for the 06.

2006 Model

SR357 Specific Rack $142.00

V46N & C46B594 Cobalt Blue lid $321.00 not in till end of July

We will only offer the color match on the V46 model.

Givi stuff is pretty hard to find at low prices. I just bought the V46 case and it seemed that Twisted Throttle (www.twistedthrottle.com) had the best prices. Total cost for the color matched case and rack...

Givi E95S Backrest f $63.27

Givi V46 Monokey Top $290.43

Givi SR346 Givi Topcase Rack $127.71

Givi E105 Brakelight $48.42

Givi E106 Interior L $10.89

Givi E73 Inner Liner $27.99

Everything arrived in a couple of days, and it was all good. Just installed the rack this weekend, and need to do the wiring for the Backoff unit.

There is a dealer in Cincinnati (SportTouringUSA) or something like that, which is where I bought all my prior Givi stuff. I ended up getting a pretty good deal and a lot of guys swear buy them.

It took _forever_. I was given many-a- missed ship dates, and I honestly thought I'd never see them.

(I basically bought the ZX11 mounting kit, wing rack, top case (v46), and even when it did show up, it it didn't all come in. It was one thing after another.).

Stuff didn't fit, parts were missing from the top case kit, bolts, and washers. I was not happy.

This was almost a year and a half ago, maybe they've fixed things by now. I also had ordered a new side case for one of my E41's which finally came in like 6 months later. I decided by then that they could keep it.

I'll give credit where credit is due, but I dobut I'll ever go with these guys again. I'll probably try twisted throttle next.

Your mileage may vary.