Wow ! Banff / Jasper Nat'l Parks in Canada... A video for you

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eworth

Reaction score
Hey All,

Here is video number 2 of 3. This video is of my ride from Calgary through Banff and Jasper Nat'l Parks. Arguably some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. My wife helped me edit a super video that highlights what I think were my best moments in the parks.

Enjoy!!!

Click on:

Thanks for looking!!

Eworth

This video is of my ride from Calgary through Banff and Jasper Nat'l Parks. Arguably some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
Most excellent! We'll be through the Ice Fields Parkway in a couple of weeks. I'm really looking forward to it!

Hey All,
Here is video number 2 of 3. This video is of my ride from Calgary through Banff and Jasper Nat'l Parks. Arguably some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. My wife helped me edit a super video that highlights what I think were my best moments in the parks.

Enjoy!!!

Click on:

Great video, thanks for posting.

I was through Jasper/Banff and Kootenay NP on June 29 (I think). Ran it north to south on one of the coldest, nastiest days I have ever experienced at that time of year. Absolutely stunning scenery but the temperature did not get above ~48 °F the entire day; dipping as low as 36 °F at the Columbia Ice Fields along with a few snow flurries. (I wasn't dressed for it and just about froze)

Just a reminder to anyone riding in the mountains, make sure you have the gear for an unexpected change in weather; any time of year!! A week later, coming out of the north-east exit from Yellowstone (July 06), temperatures were even colder and the Beartooth Hwy was closed due to snow and freezing rain.

Ross

After CFR last year I rode up to Valemount on Sunday from Nakusp and spent the night, the next day I rode down to Big Fork Mt. thru Mt Robson, Jasper, Banff and Kottenay parks. What a great ride, great scenery just absolutely beautiful! This is a must do ride.

I rode home from Hyder, AK through the area! WOW!!! It was cold, but the views were

wonderful. Had to stop and wait for about 20 or more big horn sheep to cross the road.

Actually got gas in Jasper and made a mental note to return there when I have more

time. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for sharing! Very nice video, what camera are you using?

Marianne and I were in the parks for 3 days the week before last and our temps were in the high 80's so it was warm. Take a detour up to Takakkawa Falls off Hwy 1 just east of Field. Great 12 km ride in and spectacular views. About a 1000' high with almost 850' in free fall. You can hike right up to them. Also great food in Field at 2 superb eateries! If you have more time, hike the 10km into Lake O'Hara which is south of Hwy 1 between Field and Lake Louise. Most beautiful place on earth!

Cool info! Thanks. Will keep in mind for my next ride up there.

I'm using a JVC mini DV video camera. Digital 60 minute tape cassettes. It's the way to go!!

Had good luck with it except for one extremely wet morning with thick fog. Built up condensation and would not record. I took the tape out, opened up the cassette door and rode 60 miles with it that way once the sun came out and I was out of the fog. That did the trick and worked perfectly after that.

uote name='bikerskier' date='Aug 16 2010, 12:24 PM' post='775542']

Thanks for sharing! Very nice video, what camera are you using?

Marianne and I were in the parks for 3 days the week before last and our temps were in the high 80's so it was warm. Take a detour up to Takakkawa Falls off Hwy 1 just east of Field. Great 12 km ride in and spectacular views. About a 1000' high with almost 850' in free fall. You can hike right up to them. Also great food in Field at 2 superb eateries! If you have more time, hike the 10km into Lake O'Hara which is south of Hwy 1 between Field and Lake Louise. Most beautiful place on earth!

Take a detour up to Takakkawa Falls off Hwy 1 just east of Field. Great 12 km ride in and spectacular views. About a 1000' high with almost 850' in free fall. You can hike right up to them. Also great food in Field at 2 superb eateries! If you have more time, hike the 10km into Lake O'Hara which is south of Hwy 1 between Field and Lake Louise. Most beautiful place on earth!
It's so easy to take this area for granted. Calgary's like Denver. Prairie on one side, mountains on the other.

I'm probably going for a rip out to Lake Louise after work tomorrow. The ride up to Takakkawa Falls is pretty good. They were just paving it when I went through there last year. If you're into camping, the camp ground at the base of that road (kicking horse campground) is very nice.

But I've riden it all a 1000 times. So this year a friend and I went for a trip down to Mount St Helens. Awesome ride. Some of the best twisty roads I've ever seen. And I was really impressed with how friendly Washington folks were. Even Harley riders.