Wrist Pain

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure, but I don't think the Vista Cruise (and other similar types) plays well with the factory heated grips on the Canadian AE models.

I have a Crampbuster (best 6 bucks I ever spent) and a Throttlemeister, which together are fantastic on long rides.

Griff

Any body else out there getting right hand wrist pain? I rode my cruiser for years and never had any wrist pain until I got my FJR, any suggestions that you have I would be some what grateful.
I have a cramp buster. Which is the little plastic hand rest that wraps around the grip. It eased the pain somewhat. Last week I ordered some risers from https://fjr1300risers.homestead.com/purchase.html and I've had no pain since. Now I haven't done a 500 mile ride or anything like that. I commute back and forth to work. About 20 miles each way. My hand would usually be numb within 5 miles of the house. Not any more. The risers were a snap to install. They have two choices, I just bought the standard set. Under 100 bucks. I'm very happy with them and wouldn't recommend them if not. Hopefully you can put the fun back into riding. It's a bummer having aches and pains.

So close. I almost made it to the grave without knowing what a Dutch Rudder was. And they say education is a good thing. Thanks guys.

Nice thread guys -

I just put 2500+ miles 6 days on my 09 FJR, and I've always had index finger and thumb numbness and pain while riding my FZ1 for long trips, but this trip I was in the most pain ever. I stopped and found a throttle rocker/cramp buster during the trip, but it only helped a little.

Looks like I will work on becoming Yoda - and think strongly about finding some risers.

So close. I almost made it to the grave without knowing what a Dutch Rudder was. And they say education is a good thing. Thanks guys.
YA KNOW I WAS THINKIN THE SAME EXACT THING!!!!!!!

I wish I had read the entire thread BEFORE looking it up I thought it was like having an insanely long set of handle bars..... But nooooo it had to be somthing totally off the wall that is now forever stuck in my mind as just another thing I never wanted to know!!!!

thank you

YA KNOW I WAS THINKIN THE SAME EXACT THING!!!!!!!

I wish I had read the entire thread BEFORE looking it up I thought it was like having an insanely long set of handle bars..... But nooooo it had to be somthing totally off the wall that is now forever stuck in my mind as just another thing I never wanted to know!!!!

thank you
Aaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!! Yes, I had to Google it too, to my misfortune. I didn't even get off the Google front page with the small summary below the heading before I closed the page. Had to look though, sorta like the big girl with the whale tail and too small of a tee shirt. Yeech!

If you decide that Yoda isn't enough, there is a group buy going on down in the group buy's section on Heli upper clamps.....We just need 2 more :)

Another very overlooked problem (with a FREE solution), especially coming from more "tame" bikes like cruisers, is excessive & prolonged grip pressure. I know when I moved from a cruiser to my first FJR, I had terrible pain on my wrists that I discovered was coming from simply holding the grips MUCH tighter than I did on my cruiser. Not unusual given the fact I went from a 750cc cruiser with about 1/3 the torque and HP of the FJR. After I realized what I was doing, I relaxed my grip a bit and the pain disappeared instantly.

Something to consider BEFORE you start spending a bunch of money to change the ergonomics of the bike ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts