• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Saddlebag Straps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creg-ny-baa

Reaction score
I've asked the bike's PO, but I doubt he'll have em. Net a set of the retaining straps for the inside of my right bag. They're the same R-L, and for all years, AFAIK. Anybody got a set?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some webbing and maybe velcro strips from a fabric shop, some plastic clips from a place like REI where they sell camping gear, and some basic needle-and-thread stuff--if nobody comes through. The bungees would work too.

A few years ago there was a thread where somebody had used bungee netting and some hooks or loops and self-tapping screws to make a retaining net for oddball stuff in the side bags. Especially useful for the left bag--the one that leans downhill when the bike's on the side stand. Check it out in post no. 6. (For that matter, there are more pics of other solutions on the second page of that thread.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hugh, funny thing... I can't remember the last time I even opened my saddle bags since I got the givi...

Good luck with your search, crag.

Gary

darksider #44

I have a set from the left bag I replaced last fall. I will be home next week and will see if I can get them.

The PO might have put them in one of the pockets of the inner bags, you might want to check.
Yeah, it would have been nice to have those too, but they're AWOL.
weirdsmiley.gif