WTF is this?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looks like something made to go in the slot of the screw to adjust the middle faring without having to get any tools out. I use a coin.

Yes.

For a mere $18.60 you get a multi-functional key fob, screwdriver and for the skilled people a bottle opener all in one. Leatherman and Victorinox must be shakin' in their boots.

Edit: There were multiple posts while I was slowly typing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously. WTF is this ?
I've had a Gen I and a Gen III. Is this something Gen II specific?

https://www.touratech-usa.com/Search/?q=613-0140
Yes, on the GEN2 models you can slide the side farings sideways about an inch to give a little extra weather protection. I don't think the $18.00 touratech tool or a screwdriver is necessary, I usually just use a dime to unscrew the 4 screws involved.

I rarely mess with those side pieces...and I'd never buy a tool to do so.

I wonder how many of those they have sold

OMG I am so confused. Some people use a dime, others use a penny some even use an actual tool. I am crippled by the enormity of the decision. I think I will just go for a ride. Wait those side panels are adjustable?
smile.png

Don't bother. No-one is really sure if they do any good, and when in the "out" position, they're plum ugly.

Seriously. WTF is this ?
I've had a Gen I and a Gen III. Is this something Gen II specific?

https://www.touratech-usa.com/Search/?q=613-0140
Pull a quarter out of your pocket and save the rest of the money for beer. Unless you’re the kind of guy that has to have every FJR product sold. The side panels on the Gen II are adjustable and do work during colder days at speeds less than 45 MPH. After that there is just too much wind turbulence to get any benefit.

Dave

Touratech describes it as a 'trendy key fob'. I didn't even know there was a trend in key fobs?

Living so far from California and riding a Gen 1 - I feel so 'yesterday'.
sorry.gif

Al.

I'm not sure what is worse, this tool actually brought to market, or all of us tools commenting on bringing it to market. I've never noticed a difference between in or out on the wings.

Touratech describes it as a 'trendy key fob'. I didn't even know there was a trend in key fobs?Living so far from California and riding a Gen 1 - I feel so 'yesterday'.
sorry.gif

Al.
Yesterday ..... all my troubles seemed so far away ... now It looks as though they're here to stay .. hummmmm, hum, hummmmm
smile.png

I have felt a little warmth on m,y legs wih the panels open. It may be all in my head, but it wasn't cold in my head.