• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro ( BIG-FOOT)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching my other bike slowly sink in the ground a few weeks back- well, I had to order one of these up. Very slick, fast shipper as well.

Hey 08FJR4ME - were you able to get mine standy thing out? Thanks - never heard from you - just following up.

My FJR has a Penske rear shock and the rear end is about and inch higher than stock. It leans a bit much on the side stand. Would it be possible to stack two of these or have one made double thickness?

Have any aggressive riders with well sorted suspension had trouble with these scraping in corners? If they do scrape to they scrape before the pegs and do the scrape solidly or have some give?

What an awesome idea!! For those with taller aftermarket shocks, or those with the raising links, a dubbel (or tripel!) thick big foot!! (guess these would be the Belgian versions)

There are a couple guys that reported that they have scraped their Bigfoot on aggressive cornering. Whether their suspension is "well sorted" or how much junk they have in their proverbial trunk is to be established. I believe what the y did was to shave the outboard half off of the Bigfoot so there was no added dimension on the outside, but the added foot width in the other 3 dimensions would still help keep your bike from taking a HAN (Hot Asphalt Nap).

I am a big proponent of the WynPro Bigfoot. I can park my bike on steamy hot, fresh black asphalt now with reckless abandon... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My FJR has a Penske rear shock and the rear end is about and inch higher than stock. It leans a bit much on the side stand. Would it be possible to stack two of these or have one made double thickness?

[SIZE=12pt]If he makes one of these I can get rid of my wooden 2x4 kickstand plate![/SIZE]

Hey 08FJR4ME - were you able to get mine standy thing out? Thanks - never heard from you - just following up.
Shipped out on the 10'th and delivered on the 14'th. not bad for going all the way accross the country. eh! ;)

Dave

Sure was! Got it this morning - thanks for a great product.

Payment sent Dave, thank you for offering this nice looking product...

FYI - I have the Leo Vince SBK OVAL EVOII CARBON exhaust.

Dave said that as long as you have more then the 1/2" clearance from the stock kickstand pad you'll be good to go... I got at least 1"

Love this little farkle. Was out today with the little oh hot sun here in Nor Cal and man it was nice to have the piece of mind. Used JB weld (so much fun) and painted it with some gloss black. You wouldn't know this wasn't stock. Great little doohicky.

Thanks!

side_stand1.jpg

side_stand2.jpg

Exactly what I did. JB Weld (and Red Loctite on the screws) make it a permanent thing.

And some rattle can black paint makes it less conspicuously an add-on.

But I used satin paint (which looks like the original)...

and I was able to restrain myself from sticking a finger in the wet paint to see if it was dry. :rolleyes: :p

and I was able to restrain myself from sticking a finger in the wet paint to see if it was dry. :rolleyes: :p
DOH - ya looks that way, but I didn't I had grimy fingers from getting my bike to this for all my electrical installs - - pre-pulling the tank stage :drinks:

tear_down1.jpg

Dave: Just stumbled across this thread today after returning from vacation.

Wish I'd had the enhanced foot the past week while on vacation! Was down in Eastern California, where volcanic detritus and sand prevail in many parking areas... not a comfortable situation for this top-heavy girl of mine.

PayPal money on the way!

Thanks for this well designed and executed convenience item!

Don

Got mine quick.... Took a grinder to the bottom of the kickstand, installed with some thread locker... good to go...

Got mine quick.... Took a grinder to the bottom of the kickstand, installed with some thread locker... good to go...

Got mine along with the passenger floorboards. Wife said she had no knee pain/stiffness on our 100 mile ride this morning with the floorboards. I find if that she flares out her feet just a bit, it doesn't interfere with the backs of my boots.

Will just tightening the screws on the kickstand footpad suffice or do I need to secure it with adhesives as well like JB weld and loctite. Why the grinder to the bottom of the kickstand......rough up the surface for better adhesion?

Over time, the bottom of the foot is shaped into a V. The bike doesnt seem to sit flat on the bottom of the stand, seems to sit on one side of it.

I ground the high spot of V out to make the bottom of the foot flat again, also had to trim the edges so it fit down into the new part.

Dave ~ Received the BigFoot in the mail today... Thanks for the quick service.

The machine work is outstanding, and will be a much appreciated bit of added security on questionable ground/sand/dirt/etc.

Thanks for offering this.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.