XM mounting suggestions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the Pioneer version mounted to my right bar. Do a search and you should find a few threads that show various mountings.

thanks for the help, found the RAM website, just what i'm looking for.

I just toss my receiver in my tank bag with the antenna up on the ECM dash. No muss. No fuss.
It kills me Bounce all the cool stuff you have done to your bike and then when it comes to the easy stuff you just resort to simplicity. :D :lol:

I just toss my receiver in my tank bag with the antenna up on the ECM dash. No muss. No fuss.
It kills me Bounce all the cool stuff you have done to your bike and then when it comes to the easy stuff you just resort to simplicity. :D :lol:
it's specifically because it's easy. you can't leave it mounted in the weather anyway. i can't read red/green displays in the sunlight. most music channels on Sirius have such a deep play list that lasting to the next fill up is no inconvenience.

Why spend money on something so unnecessary that then demands your attention when riding (removing it when it rains)?

Do you have any type extermal amplifier? I am curious to know if my SkiFi will power a Chatterbox GMRS X1 headset.

SkyFiMounted.JPG

I just have a plug in from my SkiFi (Now replaced with RoadyXT mounted in the same place). When I get my '06, I'll probably hardwire it. Switched.

I've been using my Zen Nano Plus MP3 player with Etymotic ER6i earplug phones and the FM pickup between the Zen and the Roady XT is excellent. And I'm not harnessed to the bike any longer. SWEET!

I made the mounting plate out of "hobby aluminum". It uses the screws in the clutch reservoir to screw down. I put electrical tape over the lid and screwed the aluminum plate right over it using existing screws and holes. I did countersink the screw holes. It workes pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any type extermal amplifier? I am curious to know if my SkiFi will power a Chatterbox GMRS X1 headset.
I run my V1, GPS, and Sirius/MP3 player into a MixIt (https://www.mixitproducts.com) the output of the mixit is then either run into my ear monitors directly or I feed it into the aux-in port of the CB/Intercom.

I just picked up a xm radio from circuit city for $19.00, nylon tied it to my tank bag, stuck the antenna under the clear map window, and attached the power to my battery tender plug. Now if I can find a mount for my sony 350 laptop, I'd attach a gps to that and have everything I need.

I just picked up a xm radio from circuit city for $19.00, nylon tied it to my tank bag, stuck the antenna under the clear map window, and attached the power to my battery tender plug. Now if I can find a mount for my sony 350 laptop, I'd attach a gps to that and have everything I need.
$19.00, sign me up. I was looking for a cheap alternative for satellite radio for both my bike and company car. Thanks for sharing.