XM Radio Stations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have rather eclectic tastes depending on my mood. My presets are 32, 46, 7, 73, 113, & 14. I find from these I can wander up or down a couple of channels within each group and find something that piques my interest.

But then, I don't use it for entertainment but as background to help the time pass as I'm "droning" someplace. When the road gets..er..uhm...interesting and/or technical I find the mute button works very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
71 Watercolors (80%)

45 Starbucks XM Cafe (15%)

25 The Blend (3%)

I have the following presets but I seldom find myself going there:

46 Top Tracks

52 The Verge

72 Beyond Jazz

7 The 70's

40 Deep Tracks

- Mark

I am not impressed either with XM on my Zumo...thinking about selling the GXM30 antenna and going back to my 2 gigs of music that is handpicked. Anyone interested in buying the antenna?

Jay

'04 FJR 1300

my wife and daughter have xm in their cars and i have sirius in my jeep that i can also hookup onto my FJR.

i prefer the sirius programming over the xm except for when SEC games are on

I can't believe no one mentioned 59 [SIZE=24pt] XM LED[/SIZE] All Led Zeppelin all the time. Its the only channel you need.

Add to that

40 DEEP TRACKS

41 BONEYARD

42 XM LIQUID METAL

48 SQUIZZ

54 LUCY

121 FOX NEWS

140 ESPN RADIO

141 ESPNEWS

166 AMERICA RIGHT

And there is a line-up that can't be beat! That's my "A" side.

My "B" side is all MLB during baseball season. I tell ya, listen to a ball game and three hours are gone before you know it.

Usually on XM-12 X County. Love the Smoke Stack show on Saturday nights (Southern rock hosted by Blackfoot lead singer), and Barn Burnin' on Sunday nights with jam bands like Leftover Salmon, String Cheese Incident, and Sam Bush.

Or XM-40 Deep Tracks. Love the Bob Dylan Theme Time Radio Hour, Tom Petty's Buried Treasure, and Grateful Rhythms Widespread Jams for more jam-bands.

It helps to know not just the channels but when particular shows are on.

I like my Sirius Sat Rad stations a tad better ,better blues better jazz old school rap and comedy no to mention Playboy . I like Chrome 83 on XM Disco lives! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got pretty eclectic music tastes, and the only channels I like, but seldom listen to on the bike are the comedy channels, I find it hard to concentrate on the road when I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe or my eyes water/nose runs.

I've got pretty eclectic music tastes, and the only channels I like, but seldom listen to on the bike are the comedy channels, I find it hard to concentrate on the road when I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe or my eyes water/nose runs.
i can't wait to try that! oh i hope there is a Zumo in my tax refund future!!!!

I have to admit, that I have really started to like the "Bone Yard." Good mix, and they play some Rush tunes I don't hear almost anywhere else. YYZ is on right now.

I love the Raw Dog Comedy channel (Sirius) but like others, can't listen to it on the bike. I simply can't pay enough attention to the punch lines while riding. Music can be in the background and still enjoyed. Put talk or comedy in the background and it's an annoying yadda yadda yadda.

I like oldies, I am one, but am disappointed in the generally crappy selection they play with all the good and great stuff out there. Also get tired of the mouthy DJs on these channels.

I'm practically alone here, but I usually tune in to the talk channels:

165 Tune in to "The Dave Ramsay Show" in the afternoon, your financial life will change for the better.

166 "Gun Talk" on Sunday night 8pm to 11, or get him online, older shows available.

176 Red Sox games during the reg season.

I used to use the XM all the time before retiring from sales, now only on the bike or in the house on Sunday night. Decided not to re-up at the going prices, they offered me a one year only deal for $77. Will prolly let it run out and use the MP3 on the Zumo.