Y.E.S., D & H Cycles. et al

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMAK

Reaction score
Hi,

I've only been cruising this board a day or so. But,

if anything, I've learned the admiration that many/

most here have for this D & H cycles organization.

I guess this really is a question for D & H, for a

definitive answer, but do you think a YES extension

is available for a '07 with an expired warranty as of

09/23/2008.

This bike was just purchased(in the last 15 days)

and I was interested in the extension, or reactiva-

tion.

Any guesses?

Thank you.

To the best of my knowledge, once the original warranty expires you cannot get the YES extension. Sorry you are out of luck.

Thanks. I should have added that I've had YES

offers from local dealers. However, at hugely

inflated prices.

I'll find out from D&H, and post the decision.

Thanks. I should have added that I've had YESoffers from local dealers. However, at hugely

inflated prices.

I'll find out from D&H, and post the decision.
My dealers original price for YES exceeded D&H by $250.00 for the 4yr warranty, but when approached with the D&H price they backed off to match it. You might be able to swing the same.

Hi,
I've only been cruising this board a day or so. But,

if anything, I've learned the admiration that many/

most here have for this D & H cycles organization.

I guess this really is a question for D & H, for a

definitive answer, but do you think a YES extension

is available for a '07 with an expired warranty as of

09/23/2008.

This bike was just purchased(in the last 15 days)

and I was interested in the extension, or reactiva-

tion.

Any guesses?

Thank you.
I'd be interested in getting YES too but my warranty has expired as well, I'm curious to see what D&H says too.

I called D&H to ask about getting the YES for myself and they said if the warranty runs out then you can not get the YES. I specifically asked about your 15 days out of warranty and they said no.

Their number is 256-739-1840.

Yes, I called D&H myself, and spoke with Gerald(sp?).

I described the OEM warranty expiration, but he reviewed

the VIN anyway. He described the same denial to me as

you mention, based on OEM warranty expiration.

I also called Yamaha at 1-866-YES(937)-EXTD(3983), and

was again told the same thing.

However, I did find:

https://www.mach1motorsports.com/catalog_detail.asp?cat=791

Apparently, through Yamaha, this Mach1 offers a YES exten-

ded warranty for new vehicles(<1 year old):

https://www.mach1motorsports.com/eshopprod_...ter_Extende.htm

And a YES extended warranty for used vehicles(> 1 year old):

https://www.mach1motorsports.com/eshopprod_..._Scooter_Ex.htm

But, the used vehicle prices are somewhat higher and the

coverage seems limited to a 24 month maximum.

I also found this link for PowerPartsPlus:

https://www.powerpartsplus.com/pages/custom...-warriorh1.aspx

But, no mention is made for the used vehicle YES item.

Curious as to why the Royal Star seems ineligible on all these

YES programs? I have a Royal Star friend who says his OEM

warranty was 5 year / 100K miles. I guess if you added another

4 year YES onto that, you'd be looking at an "old" bike. <g>

I have not had an extended warranty on any car or bike I have ever owned except an 89 Ford Taurus that the dealer made such a low price I could not pass it up. Oddly, I have never needed one on any vehicle except that Taurus. However, due to the problems I am reading about on this forum with the FJR from the ignition failures to the drive shaft and tranny problems I have read on this forum I decided to get Y.E.S. Again based on the forum I called D&H Cycles and got it for $389. I put the check in the mail today. My original warranty runs out on 12-4-08.

I found Geral to be very helpful and and friendly. I envy those of you who are near enough to D&H Cycles to use them for service. I suspect they are also good in that area also. I recommend that anyone who wants to get Y.E.S. call D&H Cycles at888-553-3311. I am glad I did.

I have not had an extended warranty on any car or bike I have ever owned except an 89 Ford Taurus that the dealer made such a low price I could not pass it up. Oddly, I have never needed one on any vehicle except that Taurus. However, due to the problems I am reading about on this forum with the FJR from the ignition failures to the drive shaft and tranny problems I have read on this forum I decided to get Y.E.S. Again based on the forum I called D&H Cycles and got it for $389. I put the check in the mail today. My original warranty runs out on 12-4-08.
I found Geral to be very helpful and and friendly. I envy those of you who are near enough to D&H Cycles to use them for service. I suspect they are also good in that area also. I recommend that anyone who wants to get Y.E.S. call D&H Cycles at888-553-3311. I am glad I did.
Boomer et al,

if YES will buy you some peace (or piece) of mind, do it! It's cheap compared to lost sleep. You got a great price to not have to worry.

But many, many of us never use the YES warranty at all.

Food for thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
Howsomever...comma, I purchased my YES warranty from D&H and the bill for my camchain/tensioner replacement exceeded the cost by over 100 bucks and I still have a year left and I'm currently in negotiations about my rear shock being replaced under YES also which I think will be approved....I even used a couple references from this board to substantiate my claim. Even if this doesnt work out I feel these warranties on motorcycles are worth it when offered by the OEM...as Fred said its worth some piece of mind.

Bobby

You can get a YES warranty on out of warranty bikes, it is a little more money and you can only add 12 or 24months.

pm me or call me 479-636-7133 and i will give you prices, we will make you a deal.

thanks

chad.

I have a Yamaha "YES" from D&H on my '06 and don't think I will ever use it. That is not the point. I have it and if by chance something does go wrong -- I am covered. That peace of mind is worth the D&H price. (But I prob. woulld not have paid the Approx. $750.00 my dealer wanted.)