Yamaha accessory top case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steved1

Reaction score
I got an 06 FJR with the yamaha top case. I went over a rail way crossing and the case fell off the bike. I noticed that the bottom of it is cracked. Can i get parts for it anywhere?

Parts choices are pretty much limited to Yamaha and ebay. Or just replace the Yam case with a Givi. I ran the Yam case for 8 years, and always felt some instability with it at speed(I always have bags mounted). I got T-boned by a deer last month, and had to replace the topcase and mount, so I went with the Givi V46. No More instability, and more carrying space. Winning...

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a recall on the factory top case to reinforce the bottom. Check if yours was completed by the PO and if not, I'd say you might be a candidate for a replacement case. Check out the Technical/Mechanical threads for *FJRF007 - Touring Trunk Stress (2003-2007 models)* for specific information.

Should be a couple [dozen] threads on the subject.

Good luck!

--G

There is a recall on the factory top case to reinforce the bottom. Check if yours was completed by the PO and if not, I'd say you might be a candidate for a replacement case. Check out the Technical/Mechanical threads for *FJRF007 - Touring Trunk Stress (2003-2007 models)* for specific information.

Good luck!

--G
Thanks escapefjrtist I went to my yamaha dealer and the are ordering me a new top case.

Good luck!

--G
Thanks escapefjrtist I went to my yamaha dealer and the are ordering me a new top case.
Great news and it sounds like you have a good dealer too. :)

--G