Yamaha Comfort Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered one from Partzilla in early June. At first it was to be shipped within 3-5 days. After that they have sent an email every week saying they are back ordered and lengthening the waiting time. Currently they are saying, mid November. It seems they are unavailable but I too would like to try one, or at least use it and modify the original, or send one out for a custom build if it comes to that. If you learn of a way to get one please share. Thank you.

I ordered one from Partzilla in early June. At first it was to be shipped within 3-5 days. After that they have sent an email every week saying they are back ordered and lengthening the waiting time. Currently they are saying, mid November. It seems they are unavailable but I too would like to try one, or at least use it and modify the original, or send one out for a custom build if it comes to that. If you learn of a way to get one please share. Thank you.
Oh boy

Original version was a gel seat. Comfortable, but got hot sitting in the sun.

While not as comfortable as custom, latest version has a nice shape and is much more comfortable than stock. I'm trying one out just for grins. Seat needed a few hundred miles to break in, but so far I'm liking it a lot. For reference, I have a custom Laam seat for longer distance trips, just wanted something else for local rides.

~G

Original version was a gel seat. Comfortable, but got hot sitting in the sun.

While not as comfortable as custom, latest version has a nice shape and is much more comfortable than stock. I'm trying one out just for grins. Seat needed a few hundred miles to break in, but so far I'm liking it a lot. For reference, I have a custom Laam seat for longer distance trips, just wanted something else for local rides.

~G
That's called BLING.

Thinking about buying one. Opinions?
I ordered one from Top Sellerie, France. Very nice, and I'm very satisfied with it. Ordered lowered, gel, and with heat ( live in Norway, so nice in okt.. Nov). Took about 4 weeks to arrive to Norway.

Attachments

• 20240226_074814.jpg
    20240226_074814.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
When I swapped the stock seat for the Yamaha comfort seat I, like others, noticed the profile is a little different and it is noticeably more comfortable. It still doesn't prevent a sore butt after a few hundred miles but is better than stock. It's also nicer looking with the exposed stitching and labels. I added a BadAss Moto "mesh" seat cushion that not only bumped the comfort level up a notch but now minimizes swamp butt and keeps the seat cool when parked out in the blazing sun. No more jumping back on the bike at a restaurant stop and thinking my tuckus is going to get welded to the seat. I currently have a Seat Concepts seat on the bike and I think it is even better than the Yamaha Comfort seat from a comfort perspective but, is not as "pretty" as the Yamaha seat. YMMV :)

Thinking about buying one. Opinions?
I picked one up a few years ago to replace the hard-as-a-rock Saddlemen that came with the bike. It's good for 6-8 hours of saddle time, but as noted above, it doesn't prevent end-of-day sore butt syndrome. (FWIW I'm 6'2" 180 lbs) Still good enough for cross-country trips though, and since I only do one or two of those a year, it's a good compromise.

I ordered one from Top Sellerie, France. Very nice, and I'm very satisfied with it. Ordered lowered, gel, and with heat ( live in Norway, so nice in okt.. Nov). Took about 4 weeks to arrive to Norway.
did you have to send the original seat?

Checked it out, showed my wife the website, it is almost my birthday, she asked if the seat would also fit when i should buy a new bike. i said sure, it fit all FJR's . now waiting to see if she will buy the seat or a bike :p

Checked it out, showed my wife the website, it is almost my birthday, she asked if the seat would also fit when i should buy a new bike. i said sure, it fit all FJR's . now waiting to see if she will buy the seat or a bike :p
Or the seat & a bike! Cross your fingers!

I got the seat concepts for my Gen 1 and installed it on the pan myself, which was a PITA. I found it to be hard, and it pushed me forward, which hurt my knee. (Since then I replaced the knee.)

I bought my 3rd Gen with the Yamaha Touring seat. I.didn't like it for a couple of thousand miles, but when it broke in, it wasn't bad.

I just bought a set of Top Selleries, used, like new for under $300 shipped. How can I go wrong?

My initial impression is that it pushes me forward, but seems a bit lower. With my new knee, that does not seem to be a problem, at least on short rides.

It's also hard, but I think it is not broken in yet. I'll give it a couple of thousand miles to break in before I pass judgement.

The way it's designed with the raised back holds me in place. It's a bit wider than stock or the touring seat, so there is I little more area to support my bum. I have read, but not experienced that it tends not to allow easy movement while blasting through twisty roads. I'm 63 and don't do much "blasting" anymore, so it should not be an issue.

If I decide I don't like the Top Selleries, I know I can recoup what I bought them for, and continue to use the Touring seat until I decide to spring for RDLs.

I got the seat concepts for my Gen 1 and installed it on the pan myself, which was a PITA. I found it to be hard, and it pushed me forward, which hurt my knee. (Since then I replaced the knee.)

I bought my 3rd Gen with the Yamaha Touring seat. I.didn't like it for a couple of thousand miles, but when it broke in, it wasn't bad.

I just bought a set of Top Selleries, used, like new for under $300 shipped. How can I go wrong?

My initial impression is that it pushes me forward, but seems a bit lower. With my new knee, that does not seem to be a problem, at least on short rides.

It's also hard, but I think it is not broken in yet. I'll give it a couple of thousand miles to break in before I pass judgement.

The way it's designed with the raised back holds me in place. It's a bit wider than stock or the touring seat, so there is I little more area to support my bum. I have read, but not experienced that it tends not to allow easy movement while blasting through twisty roads. I'm 63 and don't do much "blasting" anymore, so it should not be an issue.

If I decide I don't like the Top Selleries, I know I can recoup what I bought them for, and continue to use the Touring seat until I decide to spring for RDLs.
love it that i am not the only old here :) tx for the mail. gave my wife another chance to look at the seat i like ...