Yamaha Distribution Process

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellman

Reaction score
I am looking for an 09’ A and the dealers in our area say they have them on order but do not know when they are getting them in. There is $500 cash back on an 09’ and $750 on an 08’, or earlier from Yamaha until the 26th so I want to act in the next week and a half.

I am trying to understand the process. I work in supply and when we don’t get what we ordered when we want it, we get on the phone and threaten to send a couple knee busters around.

Does anybody know how the distribution system works?

Do the dealers really not know what they are getting, and when?

Is there an allocation system where the larger dealers get first refusal on shipments?

Are they making less units this year ( I heard 20%) because of the economy and credit?

They found an 08’ but it was only $500 less than the 09’.

By the way, this forum has been a great learning experience, really appreciate all the information.

okay...where'd that tipped over boat picture go?...you know...the one we used to tease the "waiters" with.
I was thinking of the exact same thing when I read this. :lol:

My FJR was one of the late '05 models. When I ordered it the dealer said it was in a warehouse in the US. I still had to wait almost two months to take delivery. I guess they had to sell all those R1's that were stacked in front of it before they could put it on the truck. B)

get the '08 and be done with, it's the exact same bike, except the black rims, the black tank plastic piece...way too much black in my book. The rims will be looking dirty all the time...

Alfredo

After the incident with the tippy boat, Yamaha contracted an Italian shipping company to transport. the bikes will get here eventualy.

Roman_Galleon_1.jpg

If I had it to do over again I would just get my bike from D & H Cycles in Cullman, Alabama and not dick around with my local dealer playing games. Call them right now...they're gonna be cheaper too.

Oh, I looked at mapquest and you are 597 miles from them, which means your ride back home will be nothing more than your breakin process. Hell, you could probably catch the Greyhound down there.

I am looking for an 09’ A and the dealers in our area say they have them on order but do not know when they are getting them in. There is $500 cash back on an 09’ and $750 on an 08’, or earlier from Yamaha until the 26th so I want to act in the next week and a half.
I just went through the same process FWIW. Ordered in Sept, delays on '09's now due to ignition switch replacement and production slowdown. The '09's apparently will eventually show up somewhere.

My Dealer got me a sweet new '08A at $2500 off from a substantial discount on last year's undistributed overstock, plus the $750 March Madness Special.

Choose wisely and call around about something similar. You're the driver in this deal.

Gary in Fairbanks (-20F for the weekend)