Yamaha Generations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that little red bike sure grew up nicely.

:p

Thats cool Jeff. I spent Mothers Day installing the new Storm door she wanted.

Jeff....other than your mom getting to see her son, was the bike ride her mother's day gift?....or just an added extra?.....either way, thats really nice :good: .....

Jeff that is wonderfull that you still have your mother around ,I still miss mine and we lost my Mother in Law 3 months ago ,so make the most of everyday you have her.You look so much like your father ,say G'day to your mum from downunder

So, THAT'S what you did after I left you yesterday!

That is a very heartwarming picture. I am certain that I'll never get my mom on my bike.

Thanks for sharing mister,

Heidi

Yes, very nice pics. My folks would not have gotten onto a motorcycle if I had paid them... even so much as for a pic.

Very nice photo. I once talked my mom into getting on a horse (didn't go anywhere on it; just for a picture which I still have) but I've never, ever, been able to get her on any of my motorcycles. Too bad. She's now Stage III Alzheimers and wouldn't remember the ride in 15 minutes anyway. I rode the FJR 550 miles to spend Mother's Day with her. Hope I can do that again next year. Cherish her while you've got her - it sure looks like you do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, your mom looks like she's in great shape! I sort of hate to admit it but I never even thought of getting my mom on the bike (she was never pro-bike) .... but I'm inspired and I'm gonna try like hell when I go home in late June!!

I could never get my Mom on my bike (wheel chair bound) but she still has the scar on her ankle from a HD pipe burn, which was before my time.

My now, 77 year old Mom, was always happy to jump on the back of the bike with my Dad. When I returned from this weekend's ride through the NC mountains, I stopped by to see Mom and took her for a short ride and then a posed photo in the same spot from 1969.
So below, you are seeing my (late) Dad on the 1968 Yamaha 250 Electric Twin, and my ugly mug on the 2007 FJR, with my still smiling Mom, nearly 40 years apart.

THAT'S what it's all about!!!

MotorcycleGenerations.jpg
Very nice pictures, indeed.

But help me out here, if you would. Isn't the 250 actually a Yamaha Twin-Jet 100? A YL-1, if memory serves correct. It was my first motorcycle, 1964, and was a pocket rocket. Mine was one of the earliest ones, black, lower handlebars, and covered fork springs.

Alpha and Omega. Yamaha was my first (Twin-Jet) and probably last motorcycle (FJR), with Indian, Harley, Triumph, and several Hondas in between.

There are hardly words that express your experience with your mom.

So many aren't as lucky to have this opportunity with one of their parents.

That is Awesome!!!!!

Very nice Jeff, what a nice way to cap off a great weekend trip.

Those yamaha twinjets were the thing in there day.All the kids had em or wanted one including me.

Those pics gave me the chill bumps bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff....other than your mom getting to see her son, was the bike ride her mother's day gift?....or just an added extra?.....either way, thats really nice :good: .....
Mike,

I sent her flowers and called for Mother's Day. I try to send her something that she can plant every year, plus it makes my brother hopelessly second place. :)

The ride was an added bonus.

But help me out here, if you would. Isn't the 250 actually a Yamaha Twin-Jet 100? A YL-1, if memory serves correct. It was my first motorcycle, 1964, and was a pocket rocket. Mine was one of the earliest ones, black, lower handlebars, and covered fork springs.
You could be right. We had both at one time. The 250 and the 100 were both very similar bikes. When we had them I was not yet old enough to ride the street, so both bikes are faint memories for me. I know I stole the forks off the 250 for the track.

And just for the record, I promised my Mom that I would not go fast with her. She would not appreciate me scaring her and I try hard to respect my passenger's feelings, especially Mom's!

Thanks to you all for the well wishes and comments. I'll pass them on to Mom later this week before I leave the area.

Jeff

Cool Pictures. My dad never rode but my mom loves to ride on the back. 30 years ago she would even hang on for a wheelie but now since she is 75 years old I keep the front wheel down.