Yamaha has got to be kidding me--

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzzzip

Reaction score
It looks like the glue failed to retain the yellow reflective part in the black plastic which attaches to the metal bracket on the left fork of my '06. Since the bracket also retains the ABS sensor wire, I decided to not simply throw the other reflector away, but to get another yellow reflector rather than leave the bracket sticking out.

I go to the Yamaha dealer, and figure I'll have to cough up $5 or $6 for a plastic reflector like most of the 30 or 40 bikes sitting around his shop. They don't have one in stock, so the get one off a VStar that already has one missing.

The cost with tax: $12.84.

"Sorry, I'll have to pass. Thanks anyway." <_<

I bought a switch knob for the heat/AC on my Pontiac Grand Prix last month. Just the knob-- it's plastic and they fail after a few years. My buddy, who has a body shop, said: "Should run you about $4 or $5." I had to leave $16.98 on the counter at the GM dealer to walk out with the knob.

I guess if they can't sell you a vehicle, they'll get it back one piece at a time. Quite an eye opener for me.

So if anyone has a yellow reflector (hell, all I need if the yellow stuff) they want to part with for a couple of bucks-- let me know. I ain't gonna drop $12.84 on you though. :lol: I will stick the cash in an envelope.

Or if you are coming to SFO, bring it along.

Have cash, will travel.

Paladin

Or run those things on ebay-- they're worth something, it looks like.

Rant over.

B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I once heard the guys that do car talk on PBS. Their comment is Mercedes Benz should give their cars away and they would make it up on their parts.

Have you tried one of the known good price guys that us forum dwellers usually use?

Let's see.

Made in Japan.

Shipped to the US.

Distributor. Warehouse, tracking, shipment, inventory system, etc.

Dealer. Rent, employees, utilities, inventory system, advertising, etc.

Uncle Sam's cut of everythng the dealer does...

$13 bucks seems about right.

Go check out the $ of the tall windshield on the Yam Canada site.....Why would they even bother????

-Don

Not to rub it in, but HD prices for pieces like that are really cheap.

Sell the FJR and get a man's bike? :unsure:

Dang! An to think I gave away the Bag reflectors and the mounts without so much as a "Thank You" from a forum member who shall remain nameless.... :glare:

I coulda filled me Tank and had a Beverage for market price ;)

:jester:

I just got off the phone with a Suzuki dealer because one of my customers needs a couple spare key blanks. The key blanks for his C90 cruiser with the logo are 46.00 each. I didn't order any.

The "platinum" comment is probably not far off the mark. I believe these have Catalytic converters in them so probably a fair deal. The cats went out on my daughters '92 Pathfinder and ONE cost $800.

Yes, they make up the difference on spare parts, esp bikes, boats, and aircraft

Hrms... I think I might have tossed mine when I put the Moto-lites on. Didn't know they were made of unobtanium.

If I didn't one is yours. I'll dig around in the shop this weekend.

Hrms... I think I might have tossed mine when I put the Moto-lites on. Didn't know they were made of unobtanium.
If I didn't one is yours. I'll dig around in the shop this weekend.
Thanks for the offer-- I appreciate it. A couple of other guys offered, and I think I will be able to just grab one at SFO.

Good folks on the forums.

B)

I picked some up for free at a sort of high end bicycle shop. They come with the new bikes and the new owners want them off. They had a basket of them to chose from. I got two so both sides match. They look better than OEM.

Dang! An to think I gave away the Bag reflectors and the mounts without so much as a "Thank You" from a forum member who shall remain nameless.... :glare:
I coulda filled me Tank and had a Beverage for market price ;)

:jester:
The content of the tank is your beverage Busta! :****: Hugs n Kisses, burrp.

I took mine off years ago. Since I pretty much never throw anything away (wife loves that) I'm sure I still have them. I give it a look. My bike is an '03 and doesn't have ABS but if all you need is the reflector then maybe it will work. I'll let you know.