Yamaha Laptop Roller bag in Topcase?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A question along the same lines: I use my FJR to head to DFW each week. Has anyone found any sort of a wheeled bag (either briefcase or suitcase-type) which fits either in the OEM top case or the side bags?

I haven't found a bag that will fit in well, but I have a Givi top trunk. I'm looking at changing over to this:

Luggage-with-plate-T482.jpg

I have a Givi V46 and my laptop just fits in there inside a backpack. I doubt anything with a frame and wheels would fit.

I put my 15 inch laptop in my Yamaha top case which is smaller than many of the Givi's for all of my travels. This weekend we rode up to Sequoia and brought it along.

I have the older version of the GIVI combination roller bag top case. It snaps onto the same rack as my GIVI hard case.

I commute between Portland, OR and SF, CA at least once every two months for most of the year and have used this unit, as it caries my lap top and other office stuff safely, and doubles as a roller bag/briefcase. it is one of my favorite pieces of equipment. I have the first model that GIVI made, and have not replaced it with the much improved new model because it is still in nearly perfect condition after almost 3 years. It comes with a rain cover, but even though I often ride in inclement Pacific NW weather during this long commute, I have had zero leakage problem and only put on the rain cover when it is really pouring. It is not as big as the larger hard cases, but works just fine for both the computer/office stuff and that other things I usually put into the top box like my alternate gloves, heated gear and other things I need access to during a long ride through changeable weather-most of the time actually, on the NW coast.

Once I get to my office location in SF, the roller bag is a convenient, very presentable and useful, roller bag brief case with plenty of room for everything I need for doing business.

Having the combination of the stock panniers, an E52 hard top case for non biz travel, and the roller bag case for biz travel use-that fit, and lock, onto the same rack works for everything I need.

the GIVI roller bag/top case is very useful item. I recommend it.

I have the older version of the GIVI combination roller bag top case. It snaps onto the same rack as my GIVI hard case.

I commute between Portland, OR and SF, CA at least once every two months for most of the year and have used this unit, as it caries my lap top and other office stuff safely, and doubles as a roller bag/briefcase. it is one of my favorite pieces of equipment. I have the first model that GIVI made, and have not replaced it with the much improved new model because it is still in nearly perfect condition after almost 3 years. It comes with a rain cover, but even though I often ride in inclement Pacific NW weather during this long commute, I have had zero leakage problem and only put on the rain cover when it is really pouring. It is not as big as the larger hard cases, but works just fine for both the computer/office stuff and that other things I usually put into the top box like my alternate gloves, heated gear and other things I need access to during a long ride through changeable weather-most of the time actually, on the NW coast.

Once I get to my office location in SF, the roller bag is a convenient, very presentable and useful, roller bag brief case with plenty of room for everything I need for doing business.

Having the combination of the stock panniers, an E52 hard top case for non biz travel, and the roller bag case for biz travel use-that fit, and lock, onto the same rack works for everything I need.

That sounds great. One of these looks great. SO will the 27liter case fit in the E52 52liter case? I ahdn't thought of soft luggage. Seems like the advnatge of a big tail bag is it would easily dismount for overnights. But, soft luggage isn't as secure as a hardcase. More choices to make.

Which is the older which is the newer ? Thanks