Yamaha new Accessories.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex, unfortunately you had a bad experience with a custom seat. There is no Holy Grail when it comes to aftermarket seats - one company/brand will not make everybody happy. Why didn't you send it back for a re-do? He does have that guarantee.
I've heard from many, many people who report that Rick Meyer's 're-do' never seems to get the job re-done. Just ask Smitty--he finally tried getting his money back under the 'I'll buy it back' policy and had to fight to get his $$ back.

Frankly, I hate to say this, but I think one of the keys here is to not get a Rick Mayer seat. He is a hell of a nice guy, and there are some that have loved their RM seat, but his track record with FJR folk is not good. My advice is to go with Bill Mayer or Russell.
+1+1+1+1000000000

After extensive research, I bought a BM seat last summer, for both rider and pillion. Couldn't be happier. My girlfriend usually complains about monkey-butt after ~250 miles; with the BM saddle, we took a 2-week trip up to British Columbia, and on the return trip we were about 80 miles from home when she told me her butt was getting "a little numb".

I did the photo-mail-in thing, and he hit it spot-on. We each wanted about 1" added to the seat height to relax our knee angles a bit, and we were both astounded at the improved comfort. Best farkle I ever spent money on, and I'll never go back.

I was looking hard at the Russell saddle--the only reason I went with BM is that Russell had a 2-month turn-around time due to their heavy volume at the time, and we had a trip coming up in ~6 weeks. BM did a great job, and the turn-around was about 2 weeks (not counting the 2-week delay caused by UPS 'misplacing' the shipment for a bit). I have a solid 10k miles on this seat, and I remain thrilled. YMMV.

If Yamaha can make a decent seat they should put it on as OEM. If I have to pay extra for one I'll do what I always do and get a Sargent.

Clicky

Steve

FYI Yamaha expects these seats to arrive in warehouses around 4/11, So you would expect delivery about a week later.