Yamaha Top Case Mounting bracket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRIS_D

Reaction score
OK I hate to whine :blink: However when will the darn top case mounting bracket be available? Anyone know the latest status? I contacted U-motors last Monday and their still on back order with no ETA.

Also would anyone have a pic with their Yamaha top box removed? I'm just curious as to what this mounting bracket looks like.

Thanks!!

I just gave one to the guy who bought my 05. Sorry man!

The new bracket looks exactly like the old one. The only difference is about .025" wider opening from front to back. This allows space for the reinforcement plate that's now been added to the bottom of the box, where it seats into the bracket.

You would have to measure the old versus new with calipers to realize the difference. If you try to fit an old box(without the reinforcing plate) to a new bracket, it will have a bit of excessive fore/aft play but it would work. Trying to fit a new box to an old bracket would not be a good idea.

That's all I know about that!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I hate to whine :blink: However when will the darn top case mounting bracket be available? Anyone know the latest status? I contacted U-motors last Monday and their still on back order with no ETA.
Also would anyone have a pic with their Yamaha top box removed? I'm just curious as to what this mounting bracket looks like.

Thanks!!
I got my Yammie top case from U-Motors, but got the recall done at my local dealer. It took about 4 weeks for them to get the part, but I got the recall completed back around the middle of August. I don't know how to post pictures on here. But if you send me an email, I can take some shots and send them to you. The only difference I noticed was the heavy plate on the bottom of the case. I didn't realize they changed out the holder too. I've not traveled with the update case yet, but will be in a couple of weeks.

My advice is to call your local dealer and have them do it.

I just got my top case from Umotors also, but the mount kit is still on backorder.

I had my brand new 07 in to the dealer with only 50 miles on it when the ABS light started flashing. First thing the service guy asked was whether I had a top box on the bike because they have to do the fix on the box. I told him it was on order and he told me that they are required to do the fix the next time the bike is in with the box. So it sounds like the dealers are hot to fix that mounting problem.

My mounting bracket and new top case were replaced, by Roseville Yamaha, BEFORE WFO-6!!

I may have been one of the lucky ones "at the front of the line", but I would check with my local dealer....He might have some on hand. Couldn't hurt to ask.

LC

Thanks for all the replies! Since I don't have the old bracket for the dealer to modify under warranty, I will have to wait for the new ones to be available in accesory dept. Which means after all the original brackets are fixed under warranty then just maybe there will be one available for sale again. :eek: