Yamaha Topcase Backrest screw

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodman4

Pressing on
Reaction score
I just noticed that one of the two screws that go through the top of the Yamaha topcase into the backrest are gone. I don't know if it was gone when I got the bike 4 months ago because I don't think I've looked. Still I don't like missing screws (I've got enough screws loose already). Where would I go about getting one of these? And does it just screw into the backrest or is there a nut on the other side or something? I guess I should take the other one off and look at it but I don't want to mess it up right before a trip next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call Yamaha and tell them the exact screw that you're talking about and I'm sure they can help. Or, you can take the adjacent one off and measure the length, diameter and thread pitch and find one somewhere. Just remember, it's Japanese. :)

Wow, I've never dealt with Yamaha support before. They took a while cause they had trouble figuring out what kind of screw it took, but when she called back the last time, she asked for my address cause they were mailing it to me free of charge. Customer Service lives. Yay, Yamaha!