Yamaha trunk angle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunk43

Reaction score
Anyone got a trick to adjust the trunk into less forward push on the passengers back ???

My wife doesnt like the push forward fell and wants to sit more straight up.

My Wife had the same issue.

Which top case do you have?

Stock ones don't move unless you get aftermarket mounting hardware that would allow you to do that.

I just took the backrest off and she's fine with that. She's got a back protector in her jacket and doesn't get much benefit from the backrest anyway.

If you have a givi or something else you would do the same things, but would have more options with aftermarket mounting options.

My wife hates the factory trunk/backrest. Pushes her too far forward and she said it slightly shifts constantly on bumpy roads, hurting her back. My modification was Garaulds backrest mounted on the Factory base plate. I had to order special 90MM screws to make it through all that hardware. Now I throw a dry pack/universal bag when we need the storage. She loves the comfort of the Garauld backrest. In hindsight I would have ordered his w/ the rack option, but this works perfect for us now. Factory trunk will be collecting dust.

My Wife had the same issue.

Which top case do you have?

Stock ones don't move unless you get aftermarket mounting hardware that would allow you to do that.

I just took the backrest off and she's fine with that. She's got a back protector in her jacket and doesn't get much benefit from the backrest anyway.

If you have a givi or something else you would do the same things, but would have more options with aftermarket mounting options.
Its the Yamaha top case.

I had the same problem with my Yamaha Top Case, I put some spacers under the front mounts of the base plate and shaved the rear mounting pads down slightly tipping the case rearward. It made quite a difference for the Passenger.

I had the same problem with my Yamaha Top Case, I put some spacers under the front mounts of the base plate and shaved the rear mounting pads down slightly tipping the case rearward. It made quite a difference for the Passenger.
Exactly what I had in mind.. Thanks

Now that I know it will work just need the washers and time to do it.