Yamaha will change the world, well, the sport motorcycle world that is.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I am going to look very hard at it when it shows. I think it will and is a real deal and will be very quick and nimble. 8995 is a good price IMHO.
Assuming you are still talking about the FZ-09, it's only $7,990.00!

I know I am going to look very hard at it when it shows. I think it will and is a real deal and will be very quick and nimble. 8995 is a good price IMHO.
Well that's a smoking good deal but I hope it sounds better than three cylinder Triumphs. The sound of Triumphs, remind me of a tractor.

Well that's a smoking good deal but I hope it sounds better than three cylinder Triumphs. The sound of Triumphs, remind me of a tractor.
Properly piped they sound amazing.

I sat on one this morning at CFR. It is a small bike and very comfortable for the minute I was on it. I like it.

Out of the mouth of babes, the local owner of the Yamaha/Triumph shop, the Cross Plane 3 labeled as a FZ- something will be 8995.

Noice!

Img_1695.jpg

Out of the mouth of babes, the local owner of the Yamaha/Triumph shop, the Cross Plane 3 labeled as a FZ- something will be 8995.
Out the door price may vary, but Yamaha website says $7990

I pulled the price directly from Yamaha's own website. I think I will stop at one of my local dealers tomorrow and see what they have to say as well.

I pulled the price directly from Yamaha's own website. I think I will stop at one of my local dealers tomorrow and see what they have to say as well.
Please let us know what your dealer says. I am not sure if my dealer was confused or not. He had just come back from a show and was pretty excited about all the new Yamaha stuff. Either way it is a steal and I think I will put my ass on one as the weight to power ratio is what I am looking for. Getting older and would love a lighter bike with the upright position of the FJR. I am sure a rear trunk can be had and when I mentioned bags he said others have put bags on the FZ so it can be done. I just find it fascinating technology and if I can make it work for me I will. 7990 or 8995 is a grand I could use elsewhere.

Please let us know what your dealer says. I am not sure if my dealer was confused or not. He had just come back from a show and was pretty excited about all the new Yamaha stuff. Either way it is a steal and I think I will put my ass on one as the weight to power ratio is what I am looking for. Getting older and would love a lighter bike with the upright position of the FJR. I am sure a rear trunk can be had and when I mentioned bags he said others have put bags on the FZ so it can be done. I just find it fascinating technology and if I can make it work for me I will. 7990 or 8995 is a grand I could use elsewhere.
Realized I never got back to answer this. One of my local Yamaha dealers, Westside, confirmed it's the $7990 that is listed on Yamaha's site.

First ride impression:
https://www.cyclenews.com/366/22362/Racing-Article/First-Ride--2014-Yamaha-FZ-09.aspx

I want one.
Me too! BAD!!!

This will be my next bike. Hoping to ride a demo in October. I absolutely loved the FZ-8, and this looks all around superior.

Thanks for posting the ride report.

There's a 61 page thread on that FZ09 Forum about hundreds of bikes with bad CCT's.

You would think Mama Yamaha would have had that figured out from the FJR's already! Sheesh!