Yamaha Windshield Nuts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am majorly bummed right now. Going through severe fjr withdrawl. I had such grandiose fjr plans for this summer.....
Hmmmm, that ain't sounding too good. Wadup with the repairs or has the adjuster totaled it? (Sorry if I'm asking a repeat question, but I've not seen you post about the status...)
Damage estimate came to $5100. Still have to hear from the insurance company, but I am pretty sure they will fix it, and not total it. What I was very surprised about - labor part of that $5100 is only about $500. Front subframe will have to be replaced. Rear subframe will have to be replaced. And of course, a lot of bits and pieces here and there. I thought the labor would approximately double the parts cost, but that is not the case.

Still, I think the fjr will be repaired before my body is healed enough to ride. Looks like I will miss WFO. Hope to still make ride to Chicago planned for late August.

What a bummer.

Greg

Did you run into my other amigo, Don Stanley?
Yes I did. Did not spend much time with him, since I think he was mostly interested in chillin' from the hot trip up. We chatted a bit and he seemed like a very nice guy. The paint job had me confused. If I would have looked down at the wheels (still stealth black? :ph34r: ) it would have been a dead giveaway.