Yamaha's Biggest Sale/Rebates?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe you will ever see a 1500 cash back. 1K maybe at a best. I would go with the 15 myself.

Good luck,

Dave

I saw a new 16' A on cycle Trader for 13999 this morning using 150 miles from 55025

Added dealer: St Croix Powersports. Who knows what kind of cost extras are needed for OTD pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe you will ever see a 1500 cash back. 1K maybe at a best. I would go with the 15 myself.
Good luck,

Dave

I'm kinda wondering that myself. Given the late start in the year for production, I'm betting that they won't have a lot of inventory to move between now and Christmas.

I submitted a request through Costco's motorcycle purchase program and the only response I got was from Thousand Oaks. I drove down yesterday to get the price....$15,500 OTD with 8.00% sales tax, licensing, setup, delivery included.

Now to see if my local dealer will match that price......I may be riding a new FJR within a couple of weeks! :)

working on 2 deals for a 16es, price before tax and lic one place is 14.8k other was 15.5k seeing if the higher will match.

this would be my first fjr,

When It's time I will be looking for a slightly used 2015. I don't care to shift more than I have to already.

Dave

I like my 2010 GEN2 just fine. About the only thing on a GEN3 I might like is the cruise but after doing the throttle return spring release even the cruise control becomes a kind of non-issue. Also, I like the simplicity of the body tupperware just so much better than the GEN3. For sure if I was looking for a GEN3 it would absolutely be the 2015 no doubt as in none whatsoever. Although I am intrigued with the OBD2 diagnostics found on the 2016. How cool it would be to have real time diagnostics displayed via blue tooth to my laptop and the 2016 will do that. But then how often would I be looking at my diagnostics in reality? Most likely not often. I could care less about the slipper clutch or the 6 speed. Just more un-necessary shifting like another poster said.

Oh, I know about the GEN3 body work after helping my neighbor replace his left side panel after a drop. You can have it! Reminds me of the difference between my '93 R1100RSL and the big POS 2000 K1200LT that I'm replacing a front brake line on for a guy. This big over weight POS is currently resting in my garage awaiting the over priced Bring More Wallet parts. Grrrrrrr.... if you gave me a K1200LT or even the new version (K1600) I would immediately sell it, no doubt in my mind.

The FJR is just about as good as it gets, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received this in an email. I assume it will work for anyone buying a new bike.

offer-reminder-star.jpg

David Wayne, your coupon is about to expire!

Still haven't gotten the new Yamaha vehicle that you've been dreaming of? We're giving you 2 years of the best extended service plan in the industry, at no extra charge. But you'll have to act fast - because time is running out on this exclusive deal! Visit Yamaha Motorsports for more details then get to a local Yamaha Dealer for a ride of your life!

Present this offer with your Coupon Code to your dealer to take advantage of this special offer today!

Coupon Code: F3C106B1-4

Expires: 12/11/2016 9:04:24 AM

As was said, the best deals right now are on 2015s. I bought mine in May for $12,9 OTD with 5 years of YES.

Another new member from AZ just made the trek over to California and scooped his from the same dealer for even less.

The place was Moto United in Brea, CA. You might be able to find a place closer that will match. Talk to Adam over there and see what he can do for you. I found him to be the most straightforward and honest rep around, and the easiest to work with dealership. It's a family operation and they've just taken over this small dealership. They're hungry. He's got another '15 I think listed at $10,999 +tax. I believe he also has a '16 in inventory and might match your target.

Best time of year to buy, in my experience, is fall on previous year models (i.e. right now on 2015s or the odd remaining 2014 if there are any, or this time next year on 2016s).