YES Necessary for Tick Repair

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcyuhn

Reaction score
Hi All -

First post here by an old motorcyclist looking to become a new FJR owner. I've been lurking about for a while and have found much useful and entertaining discussion. Thanks for all the information and a few good laughs.

I have a question for which I cannot seem to find an answer - I've searched. Is Yamaha stepping up to repair tickers which are out of warranty? E.G. the factory warranty has expired and the bike is not covered under YES. Or are they stepping up to repair this defect even if the bike is not warrantied? I understand something less thant 10% of the bikes seem to have the problem.

Thanks,

- JimY

Is Yamaha stepping up to repair tickers which are out of warranty?
Yes, to the best of my knowledge Yamaha has stepped up and fixed all the tickers to date, although a couple of dealers have tried to get some $$$ from the owners for valve checks before Yamaha authorized the repairs. Most owners have had zero out of pocket costs to get a ticker repaired (except for their delivery and pickup costs).

Hi All -
First post here by an old motorcyclist looking to become a new FJR owner. I've been lurking about for a while and have found much useful and entertaining discussion. Thanks for all the information and a few good laughs.

I have a question for which I cannot seem to find an answer - I've searched. Is Yamaha stepping up to repair tickers which are out of warranty? E.G. the factory warranty has expired and the bike is not covered under YES. Or are they stepping up to repair this defect even if the bike is not warrantied? I understand something less thant 10% of the bikes seem to have the problem.

Thanks,

- JimY
I'm interested to read the posts on this thread. Much as I try to ignore the sound, I believe that my 03 is a ticker. It's going in for a full service soon so we will find out more then.

Jill

Much as I try to ignore the sound, I believe that my 03 is a ticker. It's going in for a full service soon so we will find out more then.
Make sure you take it to a dealer with prior tick repair experience (like Y.O.C.). You may save some grief & frustration that way. Good luck!

I just came back from the dealer I bought my 04 from. My bike has been in there for most of the winter for the tick repair. They replaced all the valve guides and 2 exhaust guides. When I brought the bike it had been off of warrenty for 4 months and I don't have the Yes warrenty. All that it's going to cost me is an oil change and an air filter. And on top of that the dealer stored my bike for me for the winter. I don't have to pick up the bike until the weathers good enough to ride. Between the local dealer and Yamaha, this is the best I've ever been treated by a dealer and company. Now I guess I'll stay stay with Yamaha from now on.

:clap:

:clap: :clap: