Yosemite Ride - Mammoth To Sacramento Area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
We had four going to the Sacramento area that resulted in the most action shots of the trip...very fun ride:

04FJR and Graciela to Southport

CISCO and Donna to Foresthill, but first to Citrus Heights to get their kewlio kid

Rocknfjr to Rocklin

and Orangevale and Sherri to ...can you guess by my name ;)

04FJR gave the route in another thread and Sherri got some picks. Funny enough, we didn't pull the camera out as we left, but at our first rest so we don't have picks of Mono lake. HIGHLANDER got those for us anyway. Good thing...we missed that part entirely! Bug CISCO to post too...I heard Donna got some good pics of lakes and other neat sights that they can tell you about.

So...N 395 to Topaz Left on 89 to 88 (great pass to get there) and 88 to Mormon Emigrant Trail to 50 to home.

CISCO lead us out of Mammoth and we let him keep it. Great pace. We swapped leads after an impromptu pee break and people boogied to ensure all 4 could get in front of an RV coming toward us on 88. HURRY!!! Get in FRONT of the RV NOW!!!!!!!

So I took the lead for a little way, and handed it to 04FJR since he knew the roads from 88 to 50. Another great leader, he challenged me to keep up and CISCO let me know I smoke my boot sole in one turn...heh...scraped my safety bolt too :lol:

Let's get to the pics...great ride as you'll see:

The rest stop where the camera came out...

o'vale, CISCO, Donna, 04FJR, Graciela, rocknfjr (Gee Gary, I kept hounding you to ride with me eh?)

DSC00984.jpg

On the road...formation flying. I loved this...something about the staggered formation is just fun.

DSC00985.jpg

Sherri's over the shoulder shot of rocknfjr

DSC00986.jpg

A mountain reminiscent of the mountain south of Moab...just smaller and grey instead of red...still neato

DSC00987.jpg

More formation flying

DSC00988.jpg

Twisties coming up :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this shot...

DSC00989.jpg

And the fun begins :assasin: This is on 89, between 395 and 88...want some fun? Go ride this road. You'll thank me... :)

DSC00992.jpg

Nice shot Sherri! CISCO, then 04FJR...good thing I used that Mcquire's screen polish ;)

DSC00993.jpg

suggested 25 mph turn sequence...3 picks:

1)

DSC00999.jpg

2)

DSC01000.jpg

3) Woohoo Alan!!! Nice approach!

DSC01001.jpg

Yeah, there was scenery too :D

DSC01002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so yeah, scenery...and TWISTS!

We had some sweepers. I have to say CISCO is really, really good at high speed sweepers...too fun!!!

DSC01003.jpg

and there were some sweepers too ;) :clap:

DSC01005.jpg

ok...scenery

DSC01012.jpg

DSC01022.jpg

And a sign!

DSC01024.jpg

curves too

DSC01027.jpg

CISCO in the middle of his fun with 04 and me close behind:

DSC01018.jpg

too fun...I'm suffering post gluttony...time to let my bandwidth rest :)

Andrew those are some very cool action shots!!! I love the set going into the hairpin. I can't wait to do it again. Graciela said she is going to try to take some pics next time from the pillion seat.

Alan