You know that you have been riding a while when....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the novelty of riding completely wears off, and ...
Oh, damn. I guess I haven't been "riding a while" then. Cause the novelty still hasn't worn off for me after ~45 years.
wink.png

When you at work and are on Google Maps, you zoom in to find all the small roads (hoping that street view works to see if your taking the feej or the DS)
That is a great little game isn't it?

Street view seldom shows the good dirty roads. But the satellite view usually does.

When your colleagues at work stop asking if you rode today regardless of snow, rain, cold, or sun.

Colleagues wait for you to arrive on Monday to hear your weekend tales

Colleagues hit you up with "my first motorcycle" questions

Colleagues wait for you to arrive on Monday to hear your weekend tales

Colleagues hit you up with "my first motorcycle" questions
Colleagues hit you up with "I saw a motorcycle accident..." stories.
rolleyes.gif

When you are talking with a rider who has been in the IBR 9 times... And you can relate to his reasoning.
Nobody is crazy enough to be in the IBR 9 times. Well, maybe Iggy is crazy enough, but he hasn't been in 9 times yet.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
When you are talking with a rider who has been in the IBR 9 times... And you can relate to his reasoning.
Nobody is crazy enough to be in the IBR 9 times. Well, maybe Iggy is crazy enough, but he hasn't been in 9 times yet.
smile.png
You sure about that? :

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/155689-stagecoach-xvii/page-2 (Post #36)

1997-2013 9 in a row!

OK, so at least one person really is that crazy. I doubt I could survive one, and I don't plan to try.

When you pull up next to that H/D FXLier. A quick look around reveals that Mr. Bandana is the envy of everyone around him. The girls are practically drooling over him. The boys are so jealous they can't hardly control themselves. No one can stop starring at his manliness, his chrome, his beautiful shiney pig. Then you think to yourself...

"There's no way I could ride that POS. Not for 2 miles."

When you pull up next to that H/D FXLier. A quick look around reveals that Mr. Bandana is the envy of everyone around him. The girls are practically drooling over him. The boys are so jealous they can't hardly control themselves. No one can stop starring at his manliness, his chrome, his beautiful shiney pig. Then you think to yourself...
"There's no way I could ride that POS. Not for 2 miles."
Or, you wonder how he got lost from the heard, and start looking for the nearest bar to reunite him with his tribe

You know you have been riding a while when...

You tell a story about your first bike and it is older than most of the people your are telling it to.

None of your three bikes were sold or have less than 100,000 miles.

When your co-workers ask "who's car is that?" on the occasion when you had to drive in.