Zeus Helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is a rural store getting rid of inventory. They are selling in-the-box Zeus DOT approved, off-road and street helmets. They are cheap and with 20% further discount, a bargain.

Anybody heard of this brand/ had experiences?

Thanks in advance.

I wear a Zeus modular helmet. Cost me $89 from some web site that I can't remember. Mine is the newer modular model that has vents on the top.

It works but is obviously an inexpensive helmet. I have to tighten the screws that serve as hinges for the chin bar about once a week. Easy to do with a coin, but it is annoying when the chin bar flops down unexpectedly. And it makes a lot of wind noise. The wind noise is common with modulars and I don't know if the Zeus is any worse than others.

On the plus side, besides the price, the shield detents nicely in several different positions. The fit and finish of the exterior is good, the strap and D rings are fine and everything works.

The obvious question: Would I buy Zeus again? - Well, maybe. My Zeus fits a little loose so I'd try the next smaller size. If it fit well I'd buy it. Otherwise I'd look for something that fits better.

My wife is looking for a new modular helmet right now and Zeus is on her list of possibilities.

If I could use a full face non-modular design I'd buy a Scorpion. Two of my daughters have Scorpions and they are very nice helmets for well under $200.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Zeus modular. I liked it $89 as well. had some wind noise, but its fine if you use plugs.

If you can get it in the $65 range let me know. You can ship me one :D

I also have a Scorpion full face I like it alot.

Thanks guys. He has no modulars on the shelf, I know because I wear another brand and would be interested if cheap but good quality. The helmets I saw looked OK. I was interested for my son, as there were a few open face street helmets for kids in the $25-40 range. But I didn't want to put one on my 9-year-old kid for his first rides until I checked it out. I think I'll bring him up to size him this week. At least it doesn't sound like they are terrible.

As for other helmets, I was talking with him about getting helmets next spring (A Snell approved for the dragstrip, so I am really interested in quality :blink: ; and if money allows, I want to pick up a couple used dirtbikes for me and my son, and gear will be needed).

So in talking to him, he says he will still be selling helmets wholesale out of his home to local shops, but was willing to sell me some in the Spring at a little over cost. I have a way in manipu, :rolleyes: er schmoozing th people.

If you want me to ask him about Modulars PM me Fencer and I'll ask how serious he is in getting out of business just now, or willing to keep it going awhile. He has been in the same shop a few years and seems legit.

Thanks for the feedback.