Zumo 550 repair

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if fuel will gravity feed through an open line with a fuel pump in-line?
It depends on the pump. Some have flow-restrictors designed to prevent that .. and some are better than others :)

Take a short piece of hose with barbs ready fitted. Then you could bypass the pump in a few minutes.

Following up on this:

Unit #2 (Which I thought had a bad digitizer)

I order a Screen & Digitizer. They came very quickly (I went with a stateside source for that reason) I installed

them to find no change in non-working condition. Being the self doubter that I am, I figured that I did something

wrong during the installation. I brought it into work and let an Electrical Tech. look at it and check my work. He had

one of those magnifying lights (Got to get me one !) and he reinstalled it. He spotted some blemishes on the circuit

board and cleaned them up. He got the same non-working results... not good.

Unit #1 I held the micro switch to the circuit board where it had broken away from. Great news as it turned on! So when I

get back from the IBR I will get this unit repaired (It has many small issues that need fixing too. I am out of time and

have more important things to get done.

So I will go with 2 GPS units that are new to me...

Now to work on the helmet situation.

Nice to see Im not the only one that waits till the last minute to sort these things out.
weirdsmiley.gif

Phil

Tony, is unit 2 powering up with the new digitizer? If not, remove battery and clean up the contacts (even if they don't look dirty), then ensure battery is charged. If your cradle is malfunctioning, it may not be charging the battery, so use a USB cable to charge it.

If it boots up but does not function, try a hard reset....... with unit off, press and hold bottom right of the screen then press the ON button. If it boots up, there will be a prompt to reset all user data, which you say yes. It should boot up and reset everything to factory default..... i.e., you have to reset your preferences, etc.

Tony, is unit 2 powering up with the new digitizer? If not, remove battery and clean up the contacts (even if they don't look dirty), then ensure battery is charged. If your cradle is malfunctioning, it may not be charging the battery, so use a USB cable to charge it.If it boots up but does not function, try a hard reset....... with unit off, press and hold bottom right of the screen then press the ON button. If it boots up, there will be a prompt to reset all user data, which you say yes. It should boot up and reset everything to factory default..... i.e., you have to reset your preferences, etc.
Does not turn on. I switch batteries with the other Zumo and tried to charge hooked up with a laptop. Nothing to indicate any functionality. The was a dark spot on the circuit board near the bottom seal. the appearance of corrosion about 2 cm worth.

I put the units away until after the IBR- I am flat out of time. My job is refusing me an additional day off of work also. Meaning

I have to work Wednesday night until 9 pm and try to make it to Albuquerque Friday afternoon. I need to swap out the rear tire.

It will work out in the wash (I hope)

Thanks though!

Tony - add me to the list of loaners. My 550 is sitting on the FJR as I type and I have other life crap going on prolly until EOM and won't be seeing much seat time, so if ya wanna borrow mine, you're more than welcome.

Central Ohio is on the way from WPB to ABQ, right?