Zumo 550

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at the site offering them for around $470 yesterday. Then I read 8 pages of complaints about the site at ResellerRatings. Not so much bait and switch, but refusal to fulfill the order unless you purchase the outrageously overpriced add ons ($150 for a 1GB SD card). Now they have a credit card number and your personal info.

I'll be ordering from Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine from PcNation. Had to send it back to Garmin for warranty issue and there were no problems.

Don't forget, if you have a "Signature" VISA card, VISA will double the original warranty for free and with no deductibles. You just have to send them some paperwork.

I had the EXACT experience as bikergeek, had to call and "confirm" my order then got the high pressure pitch for way overpriced sd cards etc. They were exceptionally rude and the Zumo was suddenly on back order when I wouldn't bite. Bought mine on Ebay for $585 plus $15 S&H.

I have been around the internet for a long time and work in IT for a living. I suspected it was too good to be true that is why I thought I would ask for seller recommendations. I figured if someone recommended them and had a great experience it would probably be ok. I also susptected if someone tried them and had a bad experience I would find that out as well. I suspect they are in the bait and switch camp as they are the only one I can find selling the Zumo for under $500.00.

Thanks all. I have decided on the Zumo but would rather pay a little more from a reputable dealer than get my blood pressure up with scam artist. :assassin:

I find the lowest price and go to my local motorcycle store and they match the lowest price I can find. Works for me.

Best Buy in Greenville SC has zumo 550 closeout priced at 539.99. At least two left on shelf as of 5pm 07/01/2008.

Best Buy in Greenville SC has zumo 550 closeout priced at 539.99. At least two left on shelf as of 5pm 07/01/2008.

That's a dang good price for a 550! I bought mine from PCNation last year for $639. The only hiccup was they listed as in-stock when I ordered, but there was a delay of a couple of days in shipping from them. I e-mailed them and they replied it was on back-order and it would ship out two days later. I waited it out and it showed up on the doorstep a few days after that.

As a side note I was surprised when I opened up the shipping box - the Garmin box didn't have any kind of seal on it. I opened that up and the unit was just resting in the cardboard craddle. I was worried that this wasn't a new unit, so I asked the question on the Zumo forum and they all replied it was normal to get it that way. Strange.

Herkypilot

I don't like that when I set a route and I am part way into the route and then turn on the Zumo that it tries to take me back to the start of the route. I haven't figured a way out of that yet.
I swear mine asks me if I want to reroute from the beginning.