zumo (with XM through bluetooth)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hurtback

Reaction score
I've been shopping for a Zumo 550 or 660 and having satellite radio would be a nice addition.

However, I ran across this review on Amazon and now I'm getting confused and just don't want to spend a ton of money on a setup twice.

Here's an excerpt from the review:

"Be aware that the MP3 quality through the Garmin Bluetooth technology is, at best, very, very poor. In addition, XM radio is NOT available through their Bluetooth. What Garmin does not mention is that to achieve better quality or XM radio, you need to use a wired headset (as well as a $200 separate antenna for XM)."

I'm not looking for an entertainment center, but I do want to be able to listen to music (mp3's), hear satelitte radio, and or am/fm and do it clearly through a wireless stereo system if possible.

Would I be better off buying a separate sirius/xm receiver and just paying the 7.00 per month?

Would I still need this special antenna?

Ok, maybe I do want an entertainment center. I just want to do it the right way.

I listen to AM radio a lot and I'm looking for a way to incorporate a receiver into my setup.

I'm really lost here.

Money NOT being the issue...does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Since you said money is not the issue, and since it IS Friday, the solution to your entertainment problem is quite simple....

Hire a band. Hire a newscaster. And hire a whore to follow you wherever you ride. That way, since money is not the issue, you have the best of all worlds and you are not distracted with music blurting in your ears while you are trying to safely operate a high-performance motorcycle. That's certainly what I would do.

Since you said money is not the issue, and since it IS Friday, the solution to your entertainment problem is quite simple....Hire a band. Hire a newscaster. And hire a whore to follow you wherever you ride. That way, since money is not the issue, you have the best of all worlds and you are not distracted with music blurting in your ears while you are trying to safely operate a high-performance motorcycle. That's certainly what I would do.

popcorn-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Garmin Zumo 550, the Scala Rider Team Set, and Razor phone. MP3s (196kb) quality broadcasted via bluetooth is adequate for me. Additionally, Sirius is one of 100 companies predicted to go out of business or be bought out this year, and in fact I think that they have pretty much combined with XM already. It will be interesting to see which formats and communication system disappear or remain. That being said I'm not a big fan of bluetooth in any of its configurations and am considering going to a hard wired system no matter how primative the tether seems.

Hard wire an icombi bluetooth doggle to Zumo 550 and it will transmit stereo to your bluetooth enabled wireless headset.

If you hook your MP3 player up to the flux capacitor your whole bike will act as one large speaker playing music louder the faster you ride. :clapping:

I guess I'm just old school but I don't mind being tethered to the Zumo. The fewer things I have to sync up and keep charged, the better IMO.

Since you said money is not the issue, and since it IS Friday, the solution to your entertainment problem is quite simple....Hire a band. Hire a newscaster. And hire a whore to follow you wherever you ride. That way, since money is not the issue, you have the best of all worlds and you are not distracted with music blurting in your ears while you are trying to safely operate a high-performance motorcycle. That's certainly what I would do.
Awesome,

But I think I'll just hire a joke writer so I can actually be funny when I attempt to crack on someone for asking a question.

Whaddya think?

But I will take the whore under consideration. You might be on to something there. :clapping:

Thanks for responding Joe.

Hey hurtback,

Give this a look - google Baehr Communications and check The SILVERLINE Series.

Not the cheap stuff - it is the best!

But I just sing to myself in stereo :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey hurtback,Give this a look - google Baehr Communications and check The SILVERLINE Series.

Not the cheap stuff - it is the best!

But I just sing to myself in stereo :dribble:
I think this is what I'm looking for.

I particularly like the "sing-a-long" feature !

Thanks a lot for the info. Baer website

Latest posts