What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode my bike today, no not the FJR, my bicycle. I did air up the tires on both though. FJR was down to 30 lbs. on both tires.

Dave

Rode her moderately, after installing a new rear tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode her moderately, after inhaling a new rear tire.
Really? I bet even Clinton never inhaled one of those
no.gif

I replaced the windshield screws with new- 3 of the old were broken. I replaced the air filter and gooped the last of my 8 ground spiders. Last time I had the front fender off I lost one of the flanged bushings in the front hole so I put a new one in today.

And I removed and disassembled my forks again 'cause I screwed it up the first time.

Took off the V-Stream riot shield and installed the extra short original '02 targeting computer. Didn't like the shape pulled the tuning block, didn't like the angle installed some improvised spacers (nuts) under the support frame, didn't change it enough, put the tuning block back in.

Rode about an hour. Just long enough for the missuz to get cold.

Shouldn't've taken the liner out of her jacket, methinks.

Rode it to work today. HOLY COW the 'targeting computer' windshield is WAY too small for 35 degree 56 mile ride to work without extra insulation.

My coworkers call me nuts anyway. Anyway it wasn't raining this morning but will be later on today. So I only have to ride home in the rain.

Dave

I went out last night at 7:00 and rode across town (Pittsburgh) to buy some Craigslist sunglasses. Got home at 9:00. Light rain but fun to ride in the evening and enjoy the goodness of Clearwater Kristas.

Resolved my issue of not having a spare set of keys for the bike in case I lose them in a camp fire.
search.gif
And stashed some money. If you haven't done this yet, do yourself a favor.

Pulled the Cee Bailey, installed the factory touring shield. Mileage difference is immediate and unsurprising.

Well I finally got some time to finish up my electrical stuff....

Made a bracket for the tail section and Installed the FZ1 FuzeBlock... Such a great product...

PJF_6843_zpsub9edytd.jpg

Installed a Dual 2.1a USB port, so I could charge under the seat, and also power my phone on the XGrip...

PJF_6846_zpsfdw9yf8b.jpg

Ran all the wires so I could finally get my LEDRider LR4's and Mini Ambers up and running.

Also installed the LED Rider LED H4 Headlight replacements the other day...

Guess you could say I'm a advocate of LEDRiders great products...

PJF_6835_zpsz59ecv7w.jpg

I hid the Dimmer for the LR4's under the FuzeBlock in the tail section as well, perfect fit.

PJF_6841_zps23mrsyr6.jpg

Pretty happy with how it all came together saving as much room as I could, I'm not exactly sure what else I need to do to this bad boy..... Guess I'm just going to have to Ride the Hell Outta it..

Last edited by a moderator: