$&*%@ colors!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Humor me...........l am in a mood.

You know..............

I really liked the Techno Jade green color the euros had a choice of last year. Why the F*** didn't we get that option?

And now, for 2006, once again the euros get the choice of another cool color:

Desert Metallic. I am in lust.

2006_FJR1300A_Photo_03_tcm46-87014.jpg

2006_FJR1300A_Photo_05_tcm46-87020.jpg

2006_FJR1300A_Photo_04_tcm46-87017.jpg

2006_FJR1300A_Photo_02_tcm46-87011.jpg

Why the F*** can't we get some freaking color options?

And screw the faggoty-ass red. That color is for girls! :bleh:

I know you're a moderator and all,

but I'm about to start putting a week suspension on anyone who bitches about color choice

It's called painting people, you have all the options under the sun.

Jeez, why don't some people listen. I realize the frustration that they are available and we're just not given the choice, but c'mon, it's not the end of the world.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Or just move them to the Never-ending Recurring Pointless Threads page, where they belong.

But the Desert Rust is a nice color on the FJR, makes it look even more like a BMW. :p

I know you're a moderator and all,but I'm about to start putting a week suspension on anyone who bitches about color choice

It's called painting people, you have all the options under the sun.
You go, girl! :haha:

No, for next year the USA gets "primer gray" as a color, with the bondo bag color scheme.

Wow! I love that desert met. color! I would sell my '04 to get that. As it is I don't like the Cobalt blue and don't want the E-shift to get the color I already have.

Just have to wait 'til '07.

David

SkooterG,

Stand Tall and Proud!

It's the overall point.. Euros get the first FJ, get the best paint, what the **** over?

Which market sells the most? (Don't know the answer.. but I'd bet more FJ's are sold USA state-side side than Euro-side)...

IF my sales assumption are correct:

THEN: Why not more color options for the state side sales?

THEN: Why am I not offering a color-of-your-choice-for-a-price painting service? Painting bikes is not ALL that hard..

ELSE: Just live with it. You have the best bike built for our purpose. Consider yourself lucky..

Not sure which answer is best...

I really really really hope those new 2006 mirrors will bolt on to the 2005's and prior models.

Thats probably the one best thing I love about the new bikes.

Speaking of paint, has anyone heard if the paint quality has improved.

It's stupid silly how EASY it is to scratch or mess up and have to buff up the paint on the previous FJR's.

I had my saddle bags in the trunk of my car and when I got home the paint surface was cloudy on the top of the bag from rubbing on my trunk. Now I have to buff it out.

WTF? On a 13,500 dollar bike.

My Kawasaki Drifter's paint was better and that thing was $7499!

I really really really hope those new 2006 mirrors will bolt on to the 2005's and prior models.
Thats probably the one best thing I love about the new bikes.

Speaking of paint, has anyone heard if the paint quality has improved.

It's stupid silly how EASY it is to scratch or mess up and have to buff up the paint on the previous FJR's.

I had my saddle bags in the trunk of my car and when I got home the paint surface was cloudy on the top of the bag from rubbing on my trunk. Now I have to buff it out.

WTF? On a 13,500 dollar bike.

My Kawasaki Drifter's paint was better and that thing was $7499!
I have to agree. I don't want to start a whine fest but the galaxy blue is the biggest pain in the ass there ever was. I love the bike but hate the paint. Fart on it and it's scratched.

-r

The question of why the euros get the goodie colors is a valid one. Does anyone know if you can email Yamaha to find out the answer? I would be willing to send it out! Or am I just blowing smoke? "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!" Painman.... :clap:

Has anyone ever looked into just buying a European or Asian color set? I know a custom paint job might be cheaper, but given the few parts and what price Gary McCoy can sell the stuff at, maybe it would be a consideration.

Any you guys that had to restore a bike have an idea what all the new parts would cost? If you could even order them to the US with foreign colors?

Let's see: Tank, Front Fairing, Front Fender, Rear Fender, Luggage Rack, Saddle Bags. Hmmm, that does sound pricey. Did I omit anything besides the "thigh covers"?

Yes, I like the color at the beginning of the thread, too. Heck, I like them all!

QUOTE (Howardrg @ Oct 16 2005, 09:43 PM)

Not to stir the pot........but............We get a choice of three colours

Howard

3?

Yep 3 [three] colours

Howard

edit to add

Yamaha Sports "FJR1300A" "FJR1300AS"

Release date:

After October 2005

(Date to vary with the different European distributors)

Coloring:

(for FJR1300A)

Bluish Silver 4, Yellowish Gray Metallic 9,

Dark Purplish Blue Metallic U

(for FJR1300AS)

Bluish Silver 4, Yellowish Gray Metallic 9,

Dark Purplish Blue Metallic U

Projected sales:

9,200 units (series total in EU markets for 2006

We should have ours + / - end Nov early Dec