$&*%@ colors!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUOTE (Howardrg @ Oct 16 2005, 09:43 PM) Not to stir the pot........but............We get a choice of three colours

Howard

3?

Yep 3 [three] colours

Howard

edit to add

Yamaha Sports "FJR1300A" "FJR1300AS"

Release date:

After October 2005

(Date to vary with the different European distributors)

Coloring:

(for FJR1300A)

Bluish Silver 4, Yellowish Gray Metallic 9,

Dark Purplish Blue Metallic U

(for FJR1300AS)

Projected sales:

9,200 units (series total in EU markets for 2006

We should have ours + / - end Nov early Dec
Speaking with the rep at the West coast release a few weeks ago confirms Howardrg's sales figure. The numbers he quoted was that close to 4000 2005's were sold during both PDP's and they sold at least twice that number of FJR's in Europe.

How much does it cost to paint a motorcycle on average?

Man, this is the first bike I've ever owned that was worth washing and detailing, but I could see someone wanting a custom paint job.

QUOTE (Howardrg @ Oct 16 2005, 09:43 PM) Not to stir the pot........but............We get a choice of three colours

Howard

3?

Yep 3 [three] colours

Howard

edit to add

Yamaha Sports "FJR1300A" "FJR1300AS"

Release date:

After October 2005

(Date to vary with the different European distributors)

Coloring:

(for FJR1300A)

(for FJR1300AS)

Projected sales:

9,200 units (series total in EU markets for 2006

We should have ours + / - end Nov early Dec
Bastards! :lol:

2006_FJR1300A_Color_Desert-Metallic_tcm42-86975.jpg

Desert Metallic

2006_FJR1300A_Color_Silver-Storm_tcm42-86981.jpg

Silver Storm

2006_FJR1300A_Color_Ocean-Depth_tcm42-86978.jpg

Ocean Depth

These we get for both the A and the AS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Desert Metallic.  I am in lust. 
And screw the faggoty-ass red.  That color is for girls! :bleh:
<_< Well, I guess I am not one of the normal girls! I do not like red on this bike one bit! I am in love with the blue that I bought. The desert color is very pretty for a boy but blends in with the background too much! I want my ride to stand out! :bleh:

Desert Metallic.  I am in lust. 

And screw the faggoty-ass red.  That color is for girls! :bleh:
<_< Well, I guess I am not one of the normal girls! I do not like red on this bike one bit! I am in love with the blue that I bought. The desert color is very pretty for a boy but blends in with the background too much! I want my ride to stand out! :bleh:
Agree. Hard to beat this or last years blue colors. :D

I would be on Desert Metallic like white on rice, like cold on ice! Maybe the US will get color choices in '07! "At Yamaha we listen to our customers!" hmmmm???

:angel:

Ocean Depth

Hmmmmmm...........

Lets see now, use a heat gun to swap out the Yami logo. Add electronic cruise control..... it would be so easy to mistake that combo for a BMW RT..

It would be a runner, too!

Which market sells the most? (Don't know the answer.. but I'd bet more FJ's are sold USA state-side side than Euro-side).
I don't think so. No FJ has been sold since at least 2001 (new EU, 2003 US). Yamaha went to a completely different bike; the FJR. ;)

BTW: I suspect they sell more of them overseas than in the US simply because the US market it mostly cruisers and sport bikes.

A lot of mfgrs don't give color options in the US like they do over in Yurp. I've never quite understood that other than the silvers didn't sell in the EU, so they had to dump all that paint over here.

Man, this is the first bike I've ever owned that was worth washing and detailing, but I could see someone wanting a custom paint job.
It cost me $250 to have the complete left side fairing painted. That is the big piece and the other piece on the top.

I removed the parts myself to have them painted, and then reinstalled them myself. I am sure this saved some money.

This was using Sikkens paint, which from what I gather is damn good stuff.

Deasrt Metalic?!?!?! Skoot don't you mean septic tank brown? That color looks like it should be on a Mary Kay Cadilac. Sure, you'd finally be able to wear that brown leather jacket you have in your closet but at what cost? Your credibility thats what. Well what of it you have left.

I hate to be the only disenting voice...wel actually I live to be the only disenting voice and the fact that it's in response to something you like just makes it all that much sweeter. B)

Who loves you the most? Ya but after them its me. :D

I scuba with a guy who owns a body shop in Reseda, CA who rough quoted $800 for straight paint, one color, no graphics. If I brought in the parts and fairings, then the price would be lower. He said some custom paint is his shop has run over 5 G. And that's just for a sport bike, not like some of those show paintjobs on HD's.

Color options are nice, but beneath that fairing is the wild beast of a Yamaha! Love what you ride, or ride what you love. I am just happy to own an FJR! :p

You guys OBVIOUSLY dont remember back in '99-02 when we were told by Mammy Yammy they would only "consider" the US market "maybe" and all we had were Beemers and Honda's boring ST...which would look great in Mundane Brown...And I would (swish) LOVE the red on the Feejer...big fella ! :p , so quit yer bitchin or paint the puppy ! Spank you...Spank you very much.

Bobby

Okay here is the challenge to all you post whores, :D find out what the paint code is for the "desert metallic" and post it! :bleh: I have no problem with painting my 05 tupperware, If you wait on the Yammie Corp, you'll be painting your wheelchair before they offer choices to the U.S. market. :angry:

$800 to $1000 for a custom paint job isn't that bad at all, especially considering all the money I've spent on gear and the few farkles I've done so far in just under 3 months. Hell that Garmin 376C with XM Radio is going to set me back about $1400 with the mounts. Plus I still have to buy a heated vest, Powerlets to intall, radiator guard, heated grips, sliders…….OMG, what have I gotten myself into? :bigeyes:

More colors would be nice, but you will have to send your desire to Yamaha, and get about a mlillion others to do the same.

Fortunately blue has always been my favorite color, so my galaxy blue suits me just fine. Love its depth and metalflake lustre in clear sunlight.

Well that answers the question of why they get a choice of colors (4000 to 9200 per year). BUT I agree with SkooterG, if ya pay $12,000 for something you should be able to have a gold one. :D

Last edited: