$&*%@ colors!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say as I like any of the Euro colors. The silver/gray/light blue variants all turn me off, as does the blue with the big gaudy white stripes. My favorite color so far is the Galaxy Blue, which is one reason I bought the '05. I didn't want silver.

I don't want to start a whine fest but the galaxy blue is the biggest pain in the ass there ever was. I love the bike but hate the paint. Fart on it and it's scratched.
This is total BS!! I just got back from farting on mine in the garage, and not a single scratch was left behind! I even had the neighbor come over and fart on it, and still no scratches! I just can't believe some of the crap people post on these boards! Now I gotta wash the damn thing again (sigh)

:bad:

Now if they'd just paint the FJR gloss black.......

Can't say as I like any of the Euro colors. The silver/gray/light blue variants all turn me off, as does the blue with the big gaudy white stripes. My favorite color so far is the Galaxy Blue, which is one reason I bought the '05. I didn't want silver.

I don't want to start a whine fest but the galaxy blue is the biggest pain in the ass there ever was. I love the bike but hate the paint. Fart on it and it's scratched.
This is total BS!! I just got back from farting on mine in the garage, and not a single scratch was left behind! I even had the neighbor come over and fart on it, and still no scratches! I just can't believe some of the crap people post on these boards! Now I gotta wash the damn thing again (sigh)

:bad:

Now if they'd just paint the FJR gloss black.......
I heard the Galaxy Blue will turn gloss black in 24 months.... but only if you don't fart on it.

Ford has a color similar to the desert metallic. It is on the 03-05 Mustang. Might be pretty close. It flip flops a little depending on the light. Or maybe one of our Euro friends can get a piece of plastic scanned for the

mix. It would be nice to have a choice though. I was lucky with my 05. I like the blue. I would have liked the 04 color also. But red like the st1300? Hell no! In the right light is has an ugly tint to it. Maybe a heavy flake hot rod red. If Yamaha is really listening to its riders, maybe we'll get choices in a few years when I'm ready for another one.

I like the desert paint very much.
Thanks for the pics Skoot!

GZ
Ditto! I dig the blue I oredered it but given a choice I would have gone with desert. More of an.... "adult".... "serious".... or wahtever you wanna call it colour.

"Adult" or "Serious" color? Now I know I hate it.
????????????

So is that good, bad or somewhere in between? Whatever floats your boat! I like it.

I like the Desert color - it's sweet. Very classy. But then again, it seems like an old fart color. I like my silver. Might consider it in red - like a Ducati red that is - none of that irridescent s%$*.

I've been thinking about a two-toned black and white.. kinda like this:

FJR-kanji.jpg

Now paint color is paint color, but the Japanese characters are just simply gay gay gay.

Gay. Gay Bob.

It's gay, ALLLLLLLL the way.

GZ

No way, Hot Pink is bitchin'.

Start putting Katakans symbols over that though, and.......

Yer a squid. <G>

GZ

No way, Hot Pink is bitchin'.
Start putting Katakans symbols over that though, and.......

Yer a squid. <G>

GZ
How about sponsor stickers and number plates? I think I'll put a big "Powered by Yugo" sticker on mine! :puke: :D

$800 to $1000 for a custom paint job isn't that bad at all, especially considering all the money I've spent on gear and the few farkles I've done so far in just under 3 months. Hell that Garmin 376C with XM Radio is going to set me back about $1400 with the mounts. Plus I still have to buy a heated vest, Powerlets to intall, radiator guard, heated grips, sliders…….OMG, what have I gotten myself into? :bigeyes:
Why install powerlets? It's not like Yammy has given us any Amps to use. :huh: