• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Finished Rack Pictures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHFJR

Reaction score
Below are pictures of the finished rack. I think the black texture color goes real well with the black seat and the black part of the side bags. While painting the rack blue to match the bike would be nice, I know the paint could take the kind of abuse from hauling luggage that the powder coating will take. The textured finish shows even less scratches then a smooth finish powder which will help keep the rack looking new longer. This I know as a fact since I own a custom painting and powder coating company.

I will also make a removable backrest that bolts onto the rack. I'm thinking of using a backrest pad from the Mustang Seat company. There is a picture of this backrest pad below. The cost of the complete backrest will be $150.

I will make a batch of racks for anyone who wants them, but I need at least 6 confirmed buyers before running a batch. The rack is $175.00 and this includes the 2" tall protector that bolts to the front of the rack to keep any luggage of the blue painted surfaces of the bike. It will take two to three weeks to make the rack after I get 6 buyers. If you want one please send me a message and I'll can accept Paypal, Visa & Mastercard.

blackrack9.jpg

blackrack8.jpg

blackrack6.jpg

blackrack5.jpg

blackrack4.jpg

blackrack3.jpg

blackrack2.jpg

blackrack1.jpg

mustangbackrest.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayum OHFJR, that looks kick ass! :thumbsup:

Just to confirm, this is for '06 bikes only?

Dayum OHFJR, that looks kick ass! :thumbsup:

Just to confirm, this is for '06 bikes only?
Yes it is just for the 06, time to trade, lol
:lol:

Well, since I currently don't have, and don't expect to be in the market for a topcase anytime soon, I think I'll keep my '05.

Actually, I was just asking so that people who might be interested would know...

And again, it looks very nice. Goes well with the back end of the bike.

Here are a few pictures of the finished rack with a Givi box.
OHFJR,

Do you happen to know if this rack will take a Givi E52 top box? If so, got any guesses as to ship date?

Thanks.

The rack will accept the Givi universal mounting plate for any of the Monokey boxes such as the E46 & E52 top boxes. However, I only have the plate and do not have either of these boxes to test fit. If any one is interested in a rack and is willing to send me thier box for a couple days, the rack would be half price to them. The rack should be able to have at least two different backrest positions for the passenger's comfort. As far as ship dates goes, I need at least 6 confirmed orders before running a batch of these racks, and then it would be two to three weeks!

OHFJR, you got a Givi part number for the Monokey "Universal" mount that fits on your rack?

OHFJR, you got a Givi part number for the Monokey "Universal" mount that fits on your rack?
It is the E250 and I have put in a website address where it can be purchased

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/100/
Okay. I'll bite. I'll commit to serial number 1. Hopefully, others will commit in time for use at WFO-5.

EDIT - I need to ammend this, as I don't want to end up owning two solutions as a result of waiting for other buyers. I will buy one if 5 others will commit to buy by Monday July 3, 2006.

Okay. I'll bite. I'll commit to serial number 1. Hopefully, others will commit in time for use at WFO-5.

EDIT - I need to ammend this, as I don't want to end up owning two solutions as a result of waiting for other buyers. I will buy one if 5 others will commit to buy by Monday July 3, 2006.

Fair Enough, we need five more buyers. If you want one for WFO meeting you need to get your order in by July 2 or I may not be able to ship them in time for your meeting.

Fair Enough, we need five more buyers. If you want one for WFO meeting you need to get your order in by July 2 or I may not be able to ship them in time for your meeting.

OHFJR,

I too am interested in the rack. I'm assuming that the top case for the Monokey will also be able to be mounted in two positions? Might also be interested in the backrest. You state it bolts onto the rack. Any photos? Will it be a quick detach? If so, count me in for one of those also.

BMort

OHFJR,

I too am interested in the rack. I'm assuming that the top case for the Monokey will also be able to be mounted in two positions? Might also be interested in the backrest. You state it bolts onto the rack. Any photos? Will it be a quick detach? If so, count me in for one of those also.

BMort

Bmort, The monokey topcases will have two positions for mounting. I have not finalizedthe engineering on the backrest yet, since the Mustang backrest pad is being shipped to me. When it arrives I can finalize the mounting bracket. The worse case scenerio is that you would have to unbolt the rack from the bike (the three Yamaha bolts) to remove or install the backrest, which will probably be two more bolts. Should take no more then 5 minutes to take off or put on. I have a pic of the backrest pad on this thread so you have an idea of what it will look like.

OHFJR,

BMort

Bmort, The monokey topcases will have two positions for mounting. I have not finalizedthe engineering on the backrest yet, since the Mustang backrest pad is being shipped to me. When it arrives I can finalize the mounting bracket. The worse case scenerio is that you would have to unbolt the rack from the bike (the three Yamaha bolts) to remove or install the backrest, which will probably be two more bolts. Should take no more then 5 minutes to take off or put on. I have a pic of the backrest pad on this thread so you have an idea of what it will look like.

OHFJR,

Count me in as long as they can be produced in the somewhat near future. I'd like to see dthe backrest but it will probably be a go also assuming it is as simple as you state to remove and install.

BMort

Update, well I have enough interest so I started to run a batch of the racks. I'm making 10 racks and 6 of them are already spoken for. I'm trying to get the racks out by the July 17th or 18th for all the FJR riders going to WFO in the fourth week of July. I will be posting pics of the rack with a Givi E52 box on it Friday evening since their is so much interest in this box. Please let me know if you want a rack because another batch will take about three weeks after the first batch is done.

Here are some pictures with the Givi E52 Maxia box. The rack has two different mounting postions for the Givi E250 mounting plate that you need with the Givi Box. Both of these positions let the passenger lean back, but it varies to the amount do to body size. It is also easy to modify the rack at home if you desire yet another seating position.

e52sideview.jpg

e52sideview5.jpg

Front Plate Position

e52sideview2.jpg

Rear Plate Position

e52sideview3.jpg

e52sideview4.jpg

Any word on the removable backrest...pictures and cost?

thanks, cary

Any word on the removable backrest...pictures and cost?
thanks, cary
The prototype backrest is scheduled to be produced next week, I will post pics as soon as available. I will be using the Mustang backrest that is shown in a previous post on this thread.