• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

90° tire valve stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bike Effects

Reaction score
I have been out of the 90° tire valve stems in silver for awhile, but are now back in stock. Also note that there has been a price reduction from $30.95 per pair to $29.95.

90° tire valve stems

Last edited by a moderator:
30% Shipping????

(btw: i ordered a set... but MAN!)

(btbtw: and i was one of those who reported having bought a set from cycle gear and them not being able to get them to fit when i had them mount my last set of tires.)

Mission motorsports, Irvine CA, shop foreman would not put these on my bike, since he said that they are not for tires but for forks. WTF. Oh well, maybe next tire change.

Mission motorsports, Irvine CA, shop foreman would not put these on my bike, since he said that they are not for tires but for forks. WTF. Oh well, maybe next tire change.
Forks?!?! Man, whatever that guy is smoking, I hope he's sharing!

I've got over 20k on my 90 degree stems and they're working great! Now I just need to come up with $60 to get a set for my second set of rims, and some for my CBR....

+1 on these tire vavles. And +1 on getting them from Bike Effects. I have read posts where some have purchase elsewhere only to get sizes that would not properly fit the feej wheel. What Bike Effects sends is the correct stuff. No problems whatsoever. I am very pleased with both vendor and the function of these mini-farkles.

30% Shipping????
Thank UPS for that. They set the rates and these go to the destination at the minimum price, ie 1 pound. It sucks, I know. The weird this is, the same package to a different location of equal distance may be more or less. Go figure.

He is dead wrong. These are the EXACT (except for the hole size) same valves used on new Ducati, Aprilia and MV Agusta motorcycles. They come from the same factory. Tell your shop foreman to look at one sometime.

I also count as my customer one AMA race team that use them on all of their race bikes.

Could you put a set of the silver in your pocket for me, and I'll take them off you next time we hook up for a ride? I always forget to ask you for them. :huh:

I got a set of these from Jeff............had local shop put them on when I replaced tires, they are worth the price.

Is it just me or do the threads on the cap look left handed. I hope that its just the photo image is reversed.

Regardless, base on the testimony of other buyers, I'm in for a set. The stockers are a PITA. Thanks Jeff.

I got a set of these from Jeff.......
2247302-plus1.gif
To Quote Tony the Tiger, They're GREAT!!!

and have him throw in a PCIII to negate the shipping charges :lol:

+1 on these tire vavles. And +1 on getting them from Bike Effects. I have read posts where some have purchase elsewhere only to get sizes that would not properly fit the feej wheel. What Bike Effects sends is the correct stuff. No problems whatsoever. I am very pleased with both vendor and the function of these mini-farkles.

+1 to the above. The only minor hassle I have seen is the threads on the caps are very narrow and difficult to start -- I'm waiting to hamfist them someday and strip one. But worth the decreased knuckle busting trying to put air in the tires. Bike Effects was great.

If you would ship USPS it would cost $4.05 to ship something like this and get 2-3 delivery nationwide. Why people ship UPS is beyond me except for oversize packages.

Is it just me or do the threads on the cap look left handed. I hope that its just the photo image is reversed.

Regardless, base on the testimony of other buyers, I'm in for a set. The stockers are a PITA. Thanks Jeff.
both sets of threads are normal.

30% Shipping????
(btw: i ordered a set... but MAN!)

(btbtw: and i was one of those who reported having bought a set from cycle gear and them not being able to get them to fit when i had them mount my last set of tires.)

I also bought a set from Cycle Gear AND U motors. Both were the same(more or less) item of one piece alum with an o-ring on the bottom for the seal. The did not fit the FJR rim IIRC these were 10mm so the FJR has a larger hole than that.

Jeff,

Do yours have a rubber boot on the bottom or an o-ring?

FWIW on something this small stick it in an envelope with a .39 stamp. Even with delivery conformation its $1.50 USPS

Service manager at my local dealer said these are not a good idea on a high performance bike. Seems like at high speed physics take over and can actually cause the stems to fail due to centrifugal motion cuasing the stem to seperate or tear where they enter the tire. The way he explained it, made sense at the time. He said there have been many write-ups about this in tech. manuals the past. YMMV.

Service manager at my local dealer said these are not a good idea on a high performance bike. Seems like at high speed physics take over and can actually cause the stems to fail due to centrifugal motion cuasing the stem to seperate or tear where they enter the tire. The way he explained it, made sense at the time. He said there have been many write-ups about this in tech. manuals the past. YMMV.
I would have to call BS on your service manager...best lies/fibs/stories are the ones that have a little truth in them.

I can't say that I would believe it unless I saw and reviewed atleast one of the many writeups.

He could have been bored that day and wanted to sound like a "technical expert" to somebody

Has anyone had a problem with the nut backing off in the tire? That would be a major setback on a ride.

I think about these every time I check my tire pressure and lose air in the process. (Pressure would have been OK if I hadn't check it :angry: )

It's not me that wants to know, I'm asking for the new Avon Storms sitting out in my garage. :rolleyes:

I have been out of the 90° tire valve stems in silver for awhile, but are now back in stock. 90° tire valve stems

I would have to call BS on your service manager...best lies/fibs/stories are the ones that have a little truth in them.

I can't say that I would believe it unless I saw and reviewed atleast one of the many writeups.

He could have been bored that day and wanted to sound like a "technical expert" to somebody
+1

Stems to fail? They are solid aluminum. I guess those pesky wheels could fail too due to the centrifugal forces. Of course a meteor could fall from the sky and hit you while riding your beloved FJR too. It's DANGEROUS out there! Once of the reasons we put these on is because they are less likely to fail then standard rubber stems. Was he talking about those? Anywho, like Jeff said, if its good enough for a race team, it's good enough for me.

Has anyone had a problem with the nut backing off in the tire? That would be a major setback on a ride.
I think about these every time I check my tire pressure and lose air in the process. (Pressure would have been OK if I hadn't check it :angry: )

It's not me that wants to know, I'm asking for the new Avon Storms sitting out in my garage. :rolleyes:
No, they don't back off, just as most of the bolts/nuts on your FJR don't either. They come with a threadlocker installed on the threads. C'mon folks, this isn't rocket science. Just a simple solid valve stem.

+1

Stems to fail? They are solid aluminum. I guess those pesky wheels could fail too due to the centrifugal forces. Of course a meteor could fall from the sky and hit you while riding your beloved FJR too. It's DANGEROUS out there! Once of the reasons we put these on is because they are less likely to fail then standard rubber stems. Was he talking about those? Anywho, like Jeff said, if its good enough for a race team, it's good enough for me.

No, they don't back off, just as most of the bolts/nuts on your FJR don't either. They come with a threadlocker installed on the threads. C'mon folks, this isn't rocket science. Just a simple solid valve stem.
Geesh Skooter, where's the love? :rolleyes: hmmm. New phrase - 'Be nice or I'll go Skyooter on yah! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (notice the 2x smiley?)